• Forum membership has its advantages....

New pictures of my ranger project...

singlehanded

Well heres some new shots. still removing old engine cage, engine and bumps. Truck will be getting a Newline 4-link soon with a floating 9", full cage 1 3/4 chromolly,351w and keeping the culhane built c-4. Next on list is installing 4-link and starting on the cab cage.

Attachments

Klaus

Administrator
if you link it and end up running tubes bumper to bumper...why do you keeo the frame rails after the cab?

singlehanded

The frame has been kicked and will be cut off right after the rear end. Lots easier than cutting it off right behind cab. Will look similar to gabes.

Attachments

singlehanded

New updates, got 2002 sohc 4.0 and 4 link brackets. Decided to go with pro am hubs up front with 3.0 king coilovers while I will probably just run a 2.5 bypass with the coilover off the rear newline 4 link. Just waiting to finish the four link and get the front spindle and hub, then truck will be rolling out in late december early january to put in the new motor.

Last edited:

Ryan_P

Truck looks good, I just have one question. How did you kick the frame? Thanks.

-Ryan

singlehanded

Well, learned when I was working at newline, its a top pie cut behind cab bend frame up, used my plasma. Then right at about where the bump stop goes you pie cut it the opposte way and bend it back down. Every thing was measured and digital level used to make sure the frame is still straight. Its gives me about 7 1/4 inches more up travel should hit right around 27 when all is said and done.

singlehanded

Oh, the ranger newline finished up, should be running score I think but with the frame kicked this way it was able to fit 37" tires.

Ryan_P

singlehanded said:
Well, learned when I was working at newline, its a top pie cut behind cab bend frame up, used my plasma. Then right at about where the bump stop goes you pie cut it the opposte way and bend it back down. Every thing was measured and digital level used to make sure the frame is still straight. Its gives me about 7 1/4 inches more up travel should hit right around 27 when all is said and done.
Cool thanks. I just don't see where you've "pie cut" anything on the frame to kick it. I dig the idea though, makes it easier to work off of. Thanks again. What are you going to do for the front end?

-Ryan

singlehanded

well its all been welded and sanded so you cant really tell. Front is some 83-88 forged beams extended 4 inches a side by baja shop long ago with uniballs and heimed radius arms. Stock steering for now and will be karteks pro am spindle snout hub with willwoods and 5 on 5.5 pattern. Plan on upgrading eventually to newline equal length kit and just switch the hubs to there spindle, but gonna run this for a while see how it works doing 80 thru the whoops.

Hemp

when were you working at newline? I have the equal lenght kit and am goin in january for a cage

hope to run some races in mdr after that

singlehanded

before and after they did your truck I was hanging out with you at the dust to glory thing when you brought your truck. I cant wait to race either but gonna be probably next october before my truck is done.

singlehanded

Should be getting my front hubs from kartek and my "4 LINK FROM NEWLINE" soon will update pictures when mounted.

Last edited by a moderator:

singlehanded

Old motor out and rear end back from newline and 4-link brackets mounted.
New motor going in after truck is rolling. After I get the links and inner brackets back rear suspension will be completely mounted and when I get my front spindles back from newline front suspension will be completly mounted. Then the 2002 1/2 4.0 sohc motor(45,000 miles) with jba headers, jet chip and kn intake will be mated to the culhane built c-4. Then I will get back to caging the truck with 4130 1 3/4" tubing and Hopefully I'll own a tig by the time it needs to be completly welded. Rear shocks will be 2.5 14" KING coilovers with either 2.5 or 3.0 16" KING bypasses and 2.5 KING bumpstops. Front shocks will be 3.0 14" KING coilovers and swayaway 2.0 bumpstops. Well thats about it for now also took the beams off to paint them and also gonna shoot the firewall with some black to match the truck color when done.

Prater

Looks great, keep the pics coming. What kind of setup are you going to use for steering?

baja619

singlehanded said:
Oh, the ranger newline finished up, should be running score I think but with the frame kicked this way it was able to fit 37" tires.

Is it going to run in the sportsman class.

We run 37s (with no frame rail mods other then streamlining or shaving all the excess crap) on all our 7open rangers except wich is a 4wd TTB.

Although I do like the benefits of your design and the truck looks great