new prerunner build

reverhart

Reaction
I picked up a silverado this last weekend, with plans on making it a decent pre runner-on the weekends--but a DD back and forth to school for my son on the weekdays.

questions: would you link it or put deaver springs on the rear?
with the 6" Deaver springs what size bypass shock would you use, same with a linked rear end?

it already has a camburg system in the front, fiberglass, needs a cab and bed cage

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN
Reaction
looks like its already pretty prerunner'ed out nice it will be easy to go from there

and shocks all matter about the travel your going to be getting you might be able to use 14-16" shocks for a link or springs but depends on the set up

reverhart

Reaction
for 50-50% use daily driver, and off road would you link the rear, of use deavers?

For drivability--any one have an opinion based on past experience

TauMau

Reaction
Most would agree that Deavers are best for street driveability but if you ask me, link it and put a sway bar back there!!!

PRErunIT

Reaction
I say leave it alone.. That thing is a clean street truck.. Deavers will make it ride stiff in the rear unless you put some tires and a fuel cell in the back.. but once you do the cell its no longer smoge legal..

aiiraciing

Reaction
I picked up a silverado this last weekend, with plans on making it a decent pre runner-on the weekends--but a DD back and forth to school for my son on the weekdays.

questions: would you link it or put deaver springs on the rear?
with the 6" Deaver springs what size bypass shock would you use, same with a linked rear end?

it already has a camburg system in the front, fiberglass, needs a cab and bed cage

Man, I wish my Dad was cool/nice enough to buy me a truck like this one. Probably going to be the cleanest in the parking lot. If I was you and had the money I would link it and cage it depending your kid. If you think he is responsible enough to drive a linked truck everyday I would do it in a heart beat for him. But if you think he needs to get to know the truck 1st I would out some spring under deavers with 18 inch bi-pass and set up the bedcage so that you can link it later and not make it look like an after thought. This way you can run a 16 inch coil over later and you already have the bi-pass's for it.

Bitchin truck, I never saw it for sale!

I dont recall it being for sale on RDC, but I know it was on DR for a while.

reverhart

Reaction
thanks, it wil lbe a daily driver, but I plan on really using it to pre-run race courses, (sick of breaking the race truck a week before the race)

I like the cage idea set up for a linked suspension, but start with Deavers

Its going to get a full cage, and bed cage starting next week, or end of this week --mastercraft seat, harness, etc to start

no fuel cell for now untill I figure out a way to put the regualr gas tank in next time it needs smogged

b-town boy

Reaction
linking the rear would definatly be sweet but the freeway rides would be pretty scary even with a sway bar it still is a bit to control
i have deavers on the rear of my truck with 3.0 shocks its a rough ride even with 2 spares on the rear...the travel is nice though

Attachments

• ranger.jpg
    ranger.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 440

reverhart

Reaction
that is the feedback I'm loking for
I don't want this thing to be out of control on the road--
Deavers it is

Thanks all

Will post up ictures when it caged, and wrapped

reverhart

Reaction
well Deavers it is

got a set this week--underhung , got some King 3" shocks, and putting a quick bed-cage in and removed the bed completely
shopping for a good quality reasonable cost for the interior 2" roll cage and rear bed cage--
see how fast I can trash my garage -- I make big messes

Attachments

• CIMG0780.jpg
    CIMG0780.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 482
  • CIMG0779.jpg
    CIMG0779.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 505

Steven_Tolbert

Reaction
Nice truck, let me just say LUCKY.... anyways give Chris Mazzula a call he is here on rdc

reverhart

Reaction
a little progress
got a wrap, makes it look like a whole new truck
mechanically its taking a back seat to getting the race truck ready for V2R

got it wrapped at Sunset Wraps

Attachments

• CIMG0827.jpg
    CIMG0827.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 375
  • CIMG0829.jpg
    CIMG0829.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 433
  • CIMG0830.jpg
    CIMG0830.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 399
  • CIMG0832.jpg
    CIMG0832.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 344

zjohnson

Reaction
That is a sweet wrap, truck looks awesome with it!

reverhart

Reaction
thanks