RDC Crypto
IMG_5327.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Advertising supports this site

Walter

RDC Crypto
Website
walternashlaw.com
Before the first 500 I did in '79 Brian Farnsworth gave our little amateur team some great advice the night before the start. "Do not ride it like a MX. After the first 100 miles, there will be another 100 miles, then another. In the first 100 miles you will see guys trashed along the road, guys in trees and folks splayed out on the ground." So we rode at mostly 80% and had a blast.

twin w racing

RDC Crypto
Meet your race rivals. Today at rm 83. Morgan and the 1x team. Very nice guys But we are nobody. Just sportsman. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Before the first 500 I did in '79 Brian Farnsworth gave our little amateur team some great advice the night before the start. "Do not ride it like a MX. After the first 100 miles, there will be another 100 miles, then another. In the first 100 miles you will see guys trashed along the road, guys in trees and folks splayed out on the ground." So we rode at mostly 80% and had a blast.

That is very good advise. I always broke it down into pits. I raced from Honda pit to Honda pit. Especially the year I rode half of the peninsula run. It really help keep my head in the game. I didn't worry about what was 200 miles down course I concentrated on the next 50 miles. Once that 50 was done, I concentrated on the next 50.

The thing I always beat into my teammates heads was that we all had to ride the bike. Make sure the bike is still ride-able when you hand it off to the next guy. If you ride over your head and crash, you not only ruin your race, but the rest of the team as well. And on top of that, help can be a very long way away. KC 66 is perfect example of this. Help wasn't far away, but the next couple of riders rode right by without even seeing him in the bushes.

az_amsoil

RDC Crypto
Coming from a four wheel perspective...and pointing back to the life altering Trophy Truck pass...PLEASE if you do get caught by four wheel classes, pull as far out of the way as possible and wait for the dust to clear before you pull back out. The lead vehicles will be racing in blind dust, using GPS and you will not be seen...

Have fun and enjoy the experience...good luck to you and your team!

DRZ_Motorsports_119

RDC Crypto
This years Baja 500 is going to be the toughest in years, specially for the bike classes.

Last week pre-ran from 38 to 170, from 70 to 80 on race day is going to be pure silt.

Have fun and keep it safe.

twin w racing

RDC Crypto
Pre rode rm40 - 180. Today. Wow. What a difference then wood racing. Lol. But that's why we came out. I should of packed a coat.

twin w racing

RDC Crypto
I was so turned around at rm70 where it opened up by the ranch house. Tracks everywhere. Gps batteries died. Lessons learned

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
I warned you about the whoops! Several times on teams I rode with we had a guy on the bike for less than 100 miles through the whoops at SF. The guy didn't get many miles, but he what "whooped" by the end and we put a fresh guy on to continue. I think in the 03 1000 we even had a guy do as little as 50 miles, but he pre-ran the crap out of it and flew through there for those 50 miles.

El Mamito USMC

RDC Crypto
hey but where the pic with that crazy guy that you meet in Ensenada...

ahh here it is..
237x.png