New Raptor Lower A arm

Racetech

Reaction
So tell me im not the only one thinking this. I have a f-150 with the Camburg performance kit ( nice kit for the money) But as you all know the lower stock a-arm is retained and the lower ball joint is stock( could be replaced with a moog or something but for now stock). My Idea is the new Raptor lower a-arm and the thicker Balljoint that comes with it. I went to Ford and they do have a replacement Part for it(Raptor) so 800 bones a side. My Question to you all is the Dimensions!! Any one have access or own the Raptor? maybe give me a Camparison to see if i can fit them right up or if they need some finesse to make them work? My other option, is just to fab some up. But i like to do this kind of research.

roser

Reaction
I've got one.

The arm is 3.5" longer than a stock 2010 F150.
I don't have access any actual specs though.

Racetech

Reaction
Thanx man, I think i could extend my attcahing points but might not be worth it. Plus the up and down travel of the coil over my not line up right. If that is the case then ill just have them fab'd. Thanx again

BajaFand

Reaction
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having the Camburg kit? If that arm is that much longer than stock than how would the Camburg kit built for stock lower arms work?

Racetech

Reaction
Hence the reason i needed Dimensions, I didn't really want longer ones just beefer ones. with a stronger lower Ball joints.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Or for the money $3800 retail not including the RDC discount.... You get 1.5" double sheered lower uniballs insted of a single sheer stock ball joint, box lower arm that pivot on 1" uniballs, custom spindles with a 1" upper uniball, full heim steering with a 1" outer heim to get up to 18" of travel....

The raptor is a cool concept but the suspension is not the same as what we have available.

Sic_Racing

Reaction
first of all, racetech, is your vehicle 4wd???

jeff

Reaction
first of all, racetech, is your vehicle 4wd???

Because if it is the Camburg kit is useless if you want to retain 4x4. That's why the Raptor is so bitchin, it's a factory 4x4 mid-travel suspension system with a factory backed and dealer serviced warranty. I just wish they'd build it in a crew cab... :mad:

Aloha

SoDrty

Reaction
supercrew Raptor is in already in the works will be available in 2011 along with the 6.2 L hurricane modular v8!

Forty1Racing

Reaction

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
That is not true.

Hmmm, they shipped 2 kits to Rousch to put on the evaluation trucks they built for Ford. These were the trucks that were seen in all the Raptor spy photos. I'm sure you've seen those when they were beating them out at PC. Not to mention the original pre-production 04 truck they did for Ford that went to SEMA then was passed around to all the mags. You guys didn't come into the program till the very end........

Forty1Racing

Reaction
The Dixon kit came out long after the JD kit, The JD kit was available before the 04 trucks hit the lots.

I was just stating its existance for the question asked earlier :)

roser

Reaction
So do any companies really make a long travel 4wd set up?

I used an "Off the Shelf" Camburg long travel on my 02 4X4 Tundra.
Came with upper ca, lower ca, SAWs and Fox bumps