New revenue source for racers????

desertspeed

I have been thinking about this for a while- how many of you would pay $50/$75/$100 to have a DVD of an in car TT or Class 1 car video from the Baja 500 or 1000. No music, no editing, just the sweet sound of a high reving V8, and get to see everything that happens over an 8-22 hour period down in Baja. I am sure pretty everyone here has watched the in-car of Robby's first 5:00- that was more entertaining than any off-road DVD I have seen!

There is an un-tapped market here- I am sure of it. Pistola?????

WickedGravityVideo

Nobody will pay $50 for any single dvd. Nobody has 22hrs free to watch a dvd. Dvds won't hold 8-22 hrs. of high quality video. One hardly gets to see everything that happens with one stationary pov cam. Any more good ideas? my point is that POVs are nice, but not the be-all end-all for viewing hours on end.

Now, I did see this guy at an XRRA event --- shooting 360degrees panoramic video - "total vision". It shows everything happening in the world. --- watch astronauts eat lunch, examine the rings of saturn --- watch coal miners at work - see ladies undress in their rooms. :eek:

Attachments

WickedGravityVideo

OH, I did forget to address the title of your thread.....

Trophy Truck and Class 1 racers do not need new revenue sources.... they have money trees in their backyards...they just go out and rake up a bag of $100 bills when they need $$$.:D

desertspeed

Nobody will pay $50 for any single dvd. Nobody has 22hrs free to watch a dvd. Dvds won't hold 8-22 hrs. of high quality video. One hardly gets to see everything that happens with one stationary pov cam. Any more good ideas? my point is that POVs are nice, but not the be-all end-all for viewing hours on end.

Now, I did see this guy at an XRRA event --- shooting 360degrees panoramic video - "total vision". It shows everything happening in the world. --- watch astronauts eat lunch, examine the rings of saturn --- watch coal miners at work - see ladies undress in their rooms. :eek:
Hey- screw you and your common sense.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, at the Baja 500 in 2005, I was staying at a hotel in Ensenada and they had an in car video plaing from a 5-1600 all night on the TV. I stayed up untill 3:00 am watching it, even though I had to race the next day. It was awesome.....

steveG

I have been thinking about this for a while- how many of you would pay $50/$75/$100 to have a DVD of an in car TT or Class 1 car video from the Baja 500 or 1000. No music, no editing, just the sweet sound of a high reving V8, and get to see everything that happens over an 8-22 hour period down in Baja.
I would! I've been saying that for years. I don't know that it would be a huge money maker (and yeah, the top-tier teams don't need the revenue), but damn would it be cool! Riding shotgun with the fastest drivers in the sport... HELL YES!

Maybe now that teams are being forced to run cleaner races they'll be more willing to release in-car footage.

Better yet, when the technology is available, how about live, streaming? I bet wallets would open for that!

Last edited:

troyharper

DA Meatball
Hey- screw you and your common sense.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, at the Baja 500 in 2005, I was staying at a hotel in Ensenada and they had an in car video plaing from a 5-1600 all night on the TV. I stayed up untill 3:00 am watching it, even though I had to race the next day. It was awesome.....
All right Bozo, Sack up & start producing this stuff.
You say "Hey- screw you and your common sense.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Doug IS a video producer,... (its not worth my time)... Go ahead, do it your way.

Offspring

Every raw video posted here gets a great response. All the comments are the same; no music, or that music sucks, too much TT, not enough 1600. Most of the stuff out there is over-produced, MTV style. There is a lot of raw stuff sitting on computers that could be distributed. I don't think most big names want it ALL out there, ie hitting boulders 8 miles into a 250 miler, creative lines coughcoughcoughSFcoughcoughcough, getting spanked when the only witnesses are the cactus and cattle...

TheHoov

I wouldn't mind like another "Dust to Glory" type movie. With more prerunning and stuff... I would definatly watch that!!

HooV

P.S. Anyone know where i can find the Dust to glory movie?

WickedGravityVideo

Ok, I see the people have spoken..... NOW, as Troy said... sack up....

Each of you send me $100 and I will send you a dvd full of unedited, no music, in-car from trophy truck/class1/trophy lite/bike/class11 - mostly trophy truck. My Paypal account is gravitytoys@hotmail.com and I will mail your dvd within one week of receipt of $$$. Thanks. I look foward to at least one hundred of you sacking up.

Desert Paul

Race teams could generate revenue by selling the rights to an incar HD camera to a video production company, or they can install their own and post their videos for free to stir up fan support for their products or swag.....

idealer

Ok, I see the people have spoken..... NOW, as Troy said... sack up....

Each of you send me $100 and I will send you a dvd full of unedited, no music, in-car from trophy truck/class1/trophy lite/bike/class11 - mostly trophy truck. My Paypal account is gravitytoys@hotmail.com and I will mail your dvd within one week of receipt of $$$. Thanks. I look foward to at least one hundred of you sacking up.
Why do u sound so butt hurt???

Lucho

OK, big spenders. Send me $75.00 ea. and I will give you the best ever off-road show that you have seen.

Send it to Lucho, care of the North Shore, Hawaii. Just give me six months to get it all together. I have over a million minutes of incredible film. Better make it an even $100.00 and by the time you see it the first time, you'll want to go bed every night just watching it--guaranteed!

Oh, yes, I must have at least 1000 of you guys buying the program to make it worth my time.

Lucho

Brokenbronco

All right Bozo, Sack up & start producing this stuff.
You say "Hey- screw you and your common sense.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Doug IS a video producer,... (its not worth my time)... Go ahead, do it your way.
I think you missed out on the sarcasm part...

co-pilot

I wouldn't mind like another "Dust to Glory" type movie. With more prerunning and stuff... I would definatly watch that!!

HooV

P.S. Anyone know where i can find the Dust to glory movie?
amazon,

less tt and c1, more of the common folk like us

desertspeed

I think you missed out on the sarcasm part...
Yes, that was definitely sarcastic. I don't know anything about the feasibility of this- I just think it would be cool.

And, I wouldn't really want to see just a bunch of random in-car shots. The whole idea, for me at least, it to watch a single car for the entire race. That way you can watch what a TT driver goes through the whole race, watch the passes, etc.

atpalmer

I'd pay $15-20 for a full dvd of in car video. Since DVD's have multiple audio streams it would be cool if one track was the intercom audio, and various music on the other tracks. Unedited would be best. Put a chapter mark at any interesting events.