• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Sandrail Owner - Type of Frame?

SeanW

Good morning,

I am new to the sandrail community and would really appreciate some help in identifying the type of frame I have. I have no idea purchased a bit back and am just looking for information.

Pictures uploaded.

Its street legal and I am also looking for some advice on shocks, rims and tire size's as well as any idea on how or what people do for their windshields. Prior owner just got some PLEXIGLAS from Lowes and cut into window frame, but its cracked and I would like to replace it. I recently had dual carbs and disc brakes put on it (brakes on back only).

I really like the way this rail looks (wheels etc), but no idea the size of anything, very new to this whole thing. Also looking for any dune buggy/sandrail shops in Dallas area.

http://eastcoastsandrails.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/raytorres.jpg

In advance, thank you for anything you might be able to share.

Attachments

troyharper

DA Meatball
it might be a Bandito chassis ...

troyharper

DA Meatball
Good morning,

I am new to the sandrail community and would really appreciate some help in identifying the type of frame I have. I have no idea purchased a bit back and am just looking for information.

Pictures uploaded.

Its street legal and I am also looking for some advice on shocks, rims and tire size's as well as any idea on how or what people do for their windshields. Prior owner just got some PLEXIGLAS from Lowes and cut into window frame, but its cracked and I would like to replace it. I recently had dual carbs and disc brakes put on it (brakes on back only).

I really like the way this rail looks (wheels etc), but no idea the size of anything, very new to this whole thing. Also looking for any dune buggy/sandrail shops in Dallas area.

http://eastcoastsandrails.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/raytorres.jpg

In advance, thank you for anything you might be able to share.
image.png

Bro_Gill

Looks like a Berrien shortback. The tree bars are kind of the style they used to make. That style of chassis was built by just about every sandrail frame builder back in the 1970s and early 1980s. It is not a Bandido by funco. It would have different front end clamps. It also doesn't look like a Chenowth due to the frame web bracing. Being from the mid-west, Berrien was probably one of the most prolific builders in that area.