New SC10?

Dirtworks Films

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com

henry

Reaction
http://67.199.85.166/main/productdetails.php?text=7042 Just saw this on RCSC and still thinking I love the SC10 but, a real upgrade would have been a 4x4 version come on AE what's up?

Bob.

AE tends to take their time when introducing products. They tend to jump into already established markets. This was to just clear up a few of the weak points on the original SC10 RTR.

A new 4x4 SC truck will take a bit more engineering time than a 2wd so I think AE is just biding their time waiting for the 4x4 market to improve before jumping in.

call-911

Reaction
Yep, they beefed up the chassis and changed some suspension mounting locations. Not sure if it's worth the price for that. Maybe Brandon can chime in with the main differences and whether or not an existing SC10 can easily be upgraded.

Dirtworks Films

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
They did make some changes plus new radio so I guess any change for the better is good but, I think many people myself included really would like to see four wheel drive version that would definately solidify the Associated reign. For now I will definately be picking up the new version when it hits the streets and be all good.

Bob.

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
Website
www.RC10.com
Yep, they beefed up the chassis and changed some suspension mounting locations. Not sure if it's worth the price for that. Maybe Brandon can chime in with the main differences and whether or not an existing SC10 can easily be upgraded.
The main differences are:
Suspension set-up
- we made the truck a bit smoother for the average guy to drive with adjustments to camber link locations, ball stud locations, shock springs and oil, and 30 degree caster blocks. We also updated and strengthened the front/rear arms and chassis.
2.4g radio system - works awesome, so nice to not have crystals and a antenna.
The Leduc Rockstar/Makita '09 Championship body - which has a new aerodynamic front end and LOOKS SICK!
We also took the bushing out of the motor and replaced them with ball bearings.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
IMG00123.jpg

Got me one of these. This thing is awesome, I can't believe just HOW MUCH better this thing handles than my Slash. It's a completely different animal. The motor has decent power for a starter, but I'm definetely gonna need a brushless up in here.:D

michael_loomis

Reaction
The main differences are:
Suspension set-up
- we made the truck a bit smoother for the average guy to drive with adjustments to camber link locations, ball stud locations, shock springs and oil, and 30 degree caster blocks. We also updated and strengthened the front/rear arms and chassis.
2.4g radio system - works awesome, so nice to not have crystals and a antenna.
The Leduc Rockstar/Makita '09 Championship body - which has a new aerodynamic front end and LOOKS SICK!
We also took the bushing out of the motor and replaced them with ball bearings.

IMG00123.jpg

Got me one of these. This thing is awesome, I can't believe just HOW MUCH better this thing handles than my Slash. It's a completely different animal. The motor has decent power for a starter, but I'm definetely gonna need a brushless up in here.:D

uhhh wha?

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
Any of you RC experts had the motor blow up in this thing? I was running it the other day and the motor got super hot so I shut it down immediately. I tried to run it again just now and it literally lasted about 30 seconds before it got super hot and cut out on it's own. I'm running the stock gearing that it came with on my backyard track with plain old NiMH batteries so it's not like I was overloading it or anything. :(

Shred918

Reaction
Most likely you had the motor to lean......... time for a rebuild kit.

jonpfive

Reaction
http://67.199.85.166/main/productdetails.php?text=7042 Just saw this on RCSC and still thinking I love the SC10 but, a real upgrade would have been a 4x4 version come on AE what's up?

Bob.

I am patiently waiting for the Factory Team SC10 to come out- should be another week or two. As for the 4WD, I bought a Jammin and like it but have been anxiously awaiting an AE version. I was hoping for a B44 based SC 4WD, but haven't heard anything other than "a 4WD is in the works". That came from an AE sponsored racer at my local track.