New spec buggy class

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Even though i'm not a fan of this class as it will be another 100 to 150k special built cars. Can anyone show a picture of how this new Ford engine / transmission with umpteen speed transmission hooks up to axles and cv's like a LS 3 with say a sequential trans does. Thanks

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Even though i'm not a fan of this class as it will be another 100 to 150k special built cars. Can anyone show a picture of how this new Ford engine / transmission with umpteen speed transmission hooks up to axles and cv's like a LS 3 with say a sequential trans does. Thanks
give it a rest already.......you whined and cried, and got class 1w, and now you just keep annoying....take a breath....

GROVERACING

Reaction
The Ford option that lists the 10 speed auto is just the new Raptor tuned Eco boost. I don't believe anyone at Ford thinks it will actually be put into a buggy. I'm sure they just copied over the engine rules from 6100.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Pee Wee

Reaction
Surprised nobody is going to show at Parker for this class for the easy championship.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Thanks, how much is that setup approx. Just getting some numbers together for an older Jimco vs Chevy and Fortin. Oh and Pete class1 w had h pattern 4 speed transaxle 3.0 max shocks and 35 inch tiers so this is 6200 lol. Nice job at Parker cant believe you had it back up and going.

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Bdub, how much are you willing to pay for a V8 buggy race car class? Serious question. Seems like none of the possibilities would ever be cheap enough for you.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
WTF where did I say anything about that BRO , I asked because me and my boys are thinking about putting together an older Jimco with a LS 3 / 5 speed Fortin and comparing to the new Ford option for bonus money. I just asked how the Ford works with an auto transmission to IRS rear and what the package cost. Yes I would have liked to see a Buggy class with more specs than just the V - 8 engine but it did not happen. To answer your question about 75 k or less and it can be done. But campaigning the car is the real expense. Class 1 whiner as Pistol calls it would have been real reasonable to race and prep but again it didn't happen. How much would you spend for a Buggy class and prepping it if you ever decided to race..

Pee Wee

Reaction
WTF where did I say anything about that BRO , I asked because me and my boys are thinking about putting together an older Jimco with a LS 3 / 5 speed Fortin and comparing to the new Ford option for bonus money. I just asked how the Ford works with an auto transmission to IRS rear and what the package cost. Yes I would have liked to see a Buggy class with more specs than just the V - 8 engine but it did not happen. To answer your question about 75 k or less and it can be done. But campaigning the car is the real expense. Class 1 whiner as Pistol calls it would have been real reasonable to race and prep but again it didn't happen. How much would you spend for a Buggy class and prepping it if you ever decided to race..
IF and I mean if, you could fit that motor, trans, and diff in a class one it would be very easy on CV's and probably the rest of the car. Probably too long.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Yeah you are probably right. Maybe mid engine. But I heard of two people building new cars for this class with the Ford motor. I thought you had to run transmission and engine for Ford money but maybe just engine.

GROVERACING

Reaction
You could just run the standard EcoBoost instead of the Raptor version and bolt it to a Fortin.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
That's a possibility , its going to be interesting to see what grey areas people find in the rules. Also what gets changed to accommodate Fords program. Do the rules state you have to have a transaxle with Ford.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Bdub, when was your last race? But not for nothing, you were complaining about costs and still are. Buy the Jacinto Penhall and go race.

J Burleson

Reaction
I've been tempted to put the Ls package in the single seat bunderson I picked up recently(front mid engine sbc, divorced t400 mated to a 9" irs diff). It would be a perfect setup(3600 lbs race ready) but don't think I'll be racing BITD for a season or two(unless someone wants to sponsor me the motor☺).

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Hey BRO. I was getting some good info from Grove , Standfast, Cubed and others. If things do not concern you then don't read it or shut your pie hole PLEASE. To answer your question 2 years ago Laughlin. My kids race right now and that's cool with me. Just did Parker and also racing BAP and the Mint. I really dislike your ignorant comments so can you PLEASE stop.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I asked you a serious question you finally answered it. You can't build a new spec buggy for 75k. Got it. Race class 10.