• Forum membership has its advantages....

new threat from CBD

Paige

Folks, this is an e-mail that originated from the Center - their newest aim is seems to to turn Stoddard and Johnson from open to limited use - this is what they want to do as mitigation for the Fort Irwin expanion. If this little campaign of theirs is successful - racing in those two areas will effectively end. This is part of a letter they want to go to senators, i.e. Boxer. As you can see - there is no room to be complacent.... This will be covered in the upcoming management plans for that area - we need people to attend these meetings, the few that do have many other obligations such as work. There is one this coming monday night in Vitorville - if you are able to go, please let us know and we'll give you the information. I have no other information at this time - but as I or one of the others learns more - I'm sure we'll post.

*************************************** To aid tortoise recovery, the land use designation

>in the Johnson and Stoddard Valleys should be changed

>from open to limited use. Motorized vehicles should

>be restricted to designated routes. Route designation

>on desert tortoise critical habitat should be restricted

>by legislation to a maximum of 18 miles per township,

>and a maximum of 24 miles per township in other habitat

>areas.***********************************************

>

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>
www.cordr.com</A>

martininsocal

paige-the next wemo meeting is suppose to be nov.1 at the green tyree in v-ville. it will be both task group 1 and task group 2 which is the access group. my guess is this will be a turning point meeting because task group 2 has been talking about what should constitute a route closure condition while task group 1 has been closing routes. the 2 groups atren't on the same page, and task group 1 does not take into account offroaders(we are the small potatoes). also, senator barabara boxer is supporting this plan and the cbd wholeheartedly. we need to begin the attempt to remove her before she gets any stronger(or runs for state governor) i hear there is plenty of cbd money flowing into davis' campaign fund also. for a guy who is suppose to be middle of the road, he sure isn't in the middle of the off road. i am planning on the 1st save for the santa ana's, but would like to get more than 1 racer there since the new atack is on our racing areas and they are not even mentioned in the wemo plan and should be. i don't want any side deals made without our input. martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

martin, Thanks for the info - I have jury duty that day - wouldn't you know - is the access meeting at night like usual?

www.cordr.com</A>

martininsocal

everyone-group 1 is in the am(9) and group 2 is in the evening. while group 2 is the access group, group 1 is where we really need to be. all real decisions are made there. group 2 appears to be nothing more than lip service to the multi-user groups(off road, cows, horses) where we think we have some input, but many of the decisions we are asked to give input on were already made by group 1 2 meetings ago.

If your gonna go, go BIG

mike_hinson

Martin,
Can you provide me with some info on what I need to know to attend. I will try to get off work on the 1st and attend the group 1 meeting. It's a 2-1/2 hour drive from Bakersfield, but I am getting sick and tired of these groups and their no-access agenda.
Mike

Paige

Okay well I have jury duty - yeah me - so I can't be there - I spoke with Vicky from ASA she is getting some troops together and I'll pass along the info to her. Mike if you can go - that would be great GreenTree Inn, Victorville. Martin, got your info the other meeting I'll be at on Monday - thanks!!

www.cordr.com</A>

Donahoe

I can go monday night....

NEVER LIFT!!!!!