new tig welder purchase

UndercoverFab

Reaction
i currently use a synchrowave180(miller) and i`m looking for a new machine i`ve narrowed it down to a maxstar200 or a synchrowave250, has anyone on here used them? how do you like the machine? all opinions wanted.

AZmiik

Reaction
Have you looked at the Dyanasty 200. It looks to be a very nice machine. As an inverter it uses way less power and gives you so much more control. I have not used the 200 but we have a 300 at work and it is just amazing.

Mike

UndercoverFab

Reaction
no mike i don`t think i`ve seen a dynasty, i`ve used a maxtsar 300 but its a little too much machine for me, i was told the maxtstar200 has a little more preicse control then my current synchrowave 180, the two i mentioned are the ones i`ve narrowed it down to.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
The maxstar is a dc only machine .You should probably be comparing the dynasty 200 to the syncrowave 250. I've got a syncrowave 350 w/pulser very nice machine,Previously i used a syncrowave 351(shaped like the aerowave model).

I have a friend that has the 250(without all the features) for about 4 months now and loves it also.If you need the room the inverter machines are nice,plus you can plug them in to anything,just swap plugs.----The syncrowaves have a very convenient drawer on top for all your cups, back caps,tungsten and whatever,plus the flip out hangers are very nice.Nice big handles on front to roll around and big wheels.On their sit right now it says you get the torch and all accessories for free if you purchase the Syncrowave.--hope any of this helps! on the syncrowave you also get pre & post flow timers

AZmiik

Reaction
Like Craig said the maxstar is DC only with the dyansty 200 you get AC/DC and complete control of hte AC wave form. It also does pulse and sequencing. It is a very full featured machine. The 300 we have at work makes anyone a decent AL welder on thier second or third try.

Mike

UndercoverFab

Reaction
thanks for the imput guys,i think i`m gonna go with the dynasty 200dx, my local welding shop kept saying maxstar200 but i think they meant dynasty200 cause i told him i needed ac/dc capability.