On Topic New to Class 10

El-Todd

Reaction
I’m getting into class 10 this year and would like some recommendations on spare parts/tools I should be getting. I’m not new to offroad or racing, just looking for advice based on experience in this particular class as in what seems the fail the most.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

mgobaja

Reaction
Depending on what races and how far away pit support might be on the car - alternator / power steering pump ( fluid ) engine belts for both of those items. CV cage. Tools to change those items out. Starter for certain events.

El-Todd

Reaction
Wish I could, gotta work today.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

El-Todd

Reaction
Depending on what races and how far away pit support might be on the car - alternator / power steering pump ( fluid ) engine belts for both of those items. CV cage. Tools to change those items out. Starter for certain events.
Mainly short races for now. That basically the same items I carry on our prerunner buggy. I’m just not familiar what seems to fail the most on the 10 cars. Thanks for responding

ErikIrvine

Reaction
El Todd,

I am new to CL10 also, we are racing in Barstow at the end of Jan, you should come by and check out our setup and we can talk welding ;) Anyway here is my first gen. list;

On car: spare serpentine belt & tool, spare coil pack, hand tools & misc consumables like elec tape/zipties etc, spare fuel pump, duel batteries, spare tire, extra lug nuts, jack & breaker bar
In pits: tie-rod assembly, uniballs & tie-rods, alternator, CV assembly, bolts & nuts, all filters, all fluids, more tires
I plan to add things each prep this year as the car same with no spares

El-Todd

Reaction
El Todd,

I am new to CL10 also, we are racing in Barstow at the end of Jan, you should come by and check out our setup and we can talk welding ;) Anyway here is my first gen. list;

On car: spare serpentine belt & tool, spare coil pack, hand tools & misc consumables like elec tape/zipties etc, spare fuel pump, duel batteries, spare tire, extra lug nuts, jack & breaker bar
In pits: tie-rod assembly, uniballs & tie-rods, alternator, CV assembly, bolts & nuts, all filters, all fluids, more tires
I plan to add things each prep this year as the car same with no spares
I appreciate the feedback. I’m picking up Jerry Longo’s lothringer and I’m sure I can get advice from him also, but the more the better. I know that CL10 is crazy competitive which will make it more fun. I’m pumped for this season and just want to be prepared. Look forward to seeing you out there

mgobaja

Reaction
For races with limited access I have seen cars with a complete axle assembly onboard as well

JDDurfey

Reaction
I don't race Class 10, and never will. But with how competitive the class is now days, if you have to pull over for much more than a flat you will be out of contention. However, I would carry spares based on where you are racing. For instance, in Baja, I would carry as many spares as feasible. Too many miles between access points and sitting in the desert is no fun, especially over night. But for a loop race like RATR, I would only carry a spare tire.

Good luck with the new car.

Fourstroker

Reaction
I don't race Class 10, and never will. But with how competitive the class is now days, if you have to pull over for much more than a flat you will be out of contention. However, I would carry spares based on where you are racing. For instance, in Baja, I would carry as many spares as feasible. Too many miles between access points and sitting in the desert is no fun, especially over night. But for a loop race like RATR, I would only carry a spare tire.

Good luck with the new car.
I wouldn’t even carry a spare at RATR. Local desert races you still need to get out of there and/or finish. So some of those parts make sense

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
Reaction
Remember to have ea. spare sensor for the ecotec motor. Cam sensor, o2, fuel injector, coil pack, ect

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

MaymesORS

Reaction
FB_IMG_1514969519365.jpg

Come down to Baja and Race for a low budget but in the off road capital of the world. ENSENADA BAJA MEXICO!!

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
I’m getting into class 10 this year and would like some recommendations on spare parts/tools I should be getting. I’m not new to offroad or racing, just looking for advice based on experience in this particular class as in what seems the fail the most.

Only thing that ever failed me was power steering belt. Good luck in class 10, you are going to love it.

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction

Also the right guy prepping it is prob the most important