New To RC... SC10 PRICE!

WORCS332

Reaction
I am new to RC racing and Ive done my reaserch. I want to start racing rc cars. Ive looked and done research between the slash and the sc10 and i like the sc10. Everytime i go to the track with my neighbor whom races rc cars all the time, he lets me drive his 8th scale truggy or 5th scale baja 5t. which i am faster than him... not sure why but i am. so i thought it would be fun to start racing.

I was wondering for the guys on here who do race the sc10, what am i looking for price. should i get the rtr and race that or the kit and put better stuff on. I am not looking for the most expensive but not cheap crappy stuff too. Looking for somthing decent where I could have a chance and doing pretty good :)

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
I would start out with the rtr sc10 which will get you in at a great price. Learn how to tune them then step up to nicer equipment. No point in breaking and ruining expensive stuff until you figure out what everything does and what you like it to do. If your fast with something thats slow you will be really fast with a low turn motor

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
The RTR and the KIT are basically the same. They have all the same components the only difference is that the RTR comes with a painted body, pre-glued wheels/tires, and the electronics.

If you would prefer to use selected electronics then the KIT might be best for you, this way you don't get stuff you wont use.
The other way to look at is....Like Josh pointed out, get a truck, have some fun and fix/upgrade what breaks. This is the way I would do it as well.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Brad@AETeam.net

Brad - Team Associated

gosouth

Reaction
The cheapest way to go is to sign up for the Tower Hobbies Super Saver Club and wait for them to email you coupons. Sometimes used stuff on ebay cost more money than I pay for new stuff. I wish I had figured this out the first time around.

AzDzrtRcr

Reaction
I love my sc10. Great truck right out of the box and affordable. I've seen them as low as $215 on ebay.

WORCS332

Reaction
Another Question....

What kind of charger should I get and what kind of batteries. And how many batteries do you think would be good?

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Another Question....

What kind of charger should I get and what kind of batteries. And how many batteries do you think would be good?
I would go with LIPO's. (Reedy or Orion) Longer run time, more power. They can be volatile if your not paying attention to what your doing though. Go with an LRP Pulsar 3 charger and you will also need a power supply.

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
Another Question....

This all depends on a couple factors:

What do you plan on doing with the truck....Race or Play....?
How much do you have/want to spend?

It's easy to get off in the wrong direction with this stuff. There are pros and cons to everything.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
My SC8 and SC10 are my race car's away from my race car :)

You would be a fool not to run Team Associated!

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction

WORCS332

Reaction
Got it!!!! :) I got a BIG smile right now. You have no idea!!!!

:):)

Got the Procomp body but gonna get custom painted one soon.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Got it!!!! :) I got a BIG smile right now. You have no idea!!!!

:):)

Got the Procomp body but gonna get custom painted one soon.
When you going to come to the track? Its off the 57 and orangethorpe!!!

WORCS332

Reaction
im probably gonna hit up ocrc in a week or so. come out here!

just ran my car for the first time. everything seems to be going ok. using Team Orion 4000 LiPO. great power!

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
im probably gonna hit up ocrc in a week or so. come out here!

just ran my car for the first time. everything seems to be going ok. using Team Orion 4000 LiPO. great power!
Hit me up when you go! I'll try to make it out!

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
how often so u go to lrh? I just started goin, been there the last 3 days.. I have the little 1/16 slash.. it's hard to handle on the new layout.. but it's still awesome:) I love the way the sc10s handle that track! I'm gonna get one in about a week or so.. if you ever see me.. (I have the amsoil body) say what up haha. I was racing with Harley Letner on Thursday night.. it was soo fun!

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
how often so u go to lrh? I just started goin, been there the last 3 days.. I have the little 1/16 slash.. it's hard to handle on the new layout.. but it's still awesome:) I love the way the sc10s handle that track! I'm gonna get one in about a week or so.. if you ever see me.. (I have the amsoil body) say what up haha. I was racing with Harley Letner on Thursday night.. it was soo fun!
i havent been in a month or so. Let me know when you go!