New to the sport...any advice?

BHusami

Reaction
My name is Basheer and my buddy and I have been building our truck for just over a year now. It’s an I-beam ranger with a single coil over in the front and leafs in the back. Our first race was the MDR Lucerne Race a couple of weeks ago and even though we only made it 17 miles before our drive shaft broke we had an absolute blast. I wanted to say thanks to Art and Donald with MDR for being so cool and giving us a couple of pointers. Now that we have the truck running we would really like to start dialing it in and learning how to really drive it. We don’t have any experience tuning suspension and the only real time off road has been 17 miles in Lucerne and some bits and pieces of testing we have done. We would really love to find an experienced driver to take it for a spin and give us some feed back but we will take any advice we can get. How did you guys start learning how to dial in your trucks? Any advice on what to bring out to races or things to look out for? We are truck 1490 and will be out at the race in Plaster City this weekend. Thanks again to everyone for being so nice in Lucerne. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone in Plaster City.

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
My name is Basheer and my buddy and I have been building our truck for just over a year now. It’s an I-beam ranger with a single coil over in the front and leafs in the back. Our first race was the MDR Lucerne Race a couple of weeks ago and even though we only made it 17 miles before our drive shaft broke we had an absolute blast. I wanted to say thanks to Art and Donald with MDR for being so cool and giving us a couple of pointers. Now that we have the truck running we would really like to start dialing it in and learning how to really drive it. We don’t have any experience tuning suspension and the only real time off road has been 17 miles in Lucerne and some bits and pieces of testing we have done. We would really love to find an experienced driver to take it for a spin and give us some feed back but we will take any advice we can get. How did you guys start learning how to dial in your trucks? Any advice on what to bring out to races or things to look out for? We are truck 1490 and will be out at the race in Plaster City this weekend. Thanks again to everyone for being so nice in Lucerne. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone in Plaster City.

I'll recommend Nimrod or Sidekicker to help teach you how to drive the truck. Nimrods a buggy dork but a race rental companion of the evening and will drive anything. Sidekicker will show you the best lines.:D

jsallenbach

Reaction
Nimrods a buggy dork but a race rental companion of the evening and will drive anything.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What kind of shock manufacture are you ruunning?

bigtex

Reaction
I will be out in p.c. this weekend racing. I arrive thursday night Iam racing 1493 a black ranger, find me and we can talk. Iam no god or anything like that but this is my 8th season racing so I have some experince.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction

K.I.S.S.

Always remember "FUN"!!!!!

Take as much "good" advice as you can.

Don't be afraid to ask questions????

Go into the "shop" section you will find a lot of answers,the people here are good people for the most part!!!! Shop is also a good place for all your questions!!!!

Don't try to drive over your head "out of control"

If it hurts you it's hurting the truck!!!!

Try to start out 60% and get into the race, before you do something stupid!!!

BE safe!!!!!

Do not over extend yourself $$$$ Off-Road racing is worse than Crack,and more expensive!!!!!!

Remember "FUN"

BHusami

Reaction
Thanks for all the advice already. bigtex we are getting in Friday, I will definitely come find you. As for the shocks we are running kings on all 4 corners.

bigtex

Reaction
Thanks for all the advice already. bigtex we are getting in Friday, I will definitely come find you. As for the shocks we are running kings on all 4 corners.
I will have a white enclosed trailer with MAC TOOLs, Z PEST CONTROL and DEZERTNATION stickers on it. Bring the race truck over so we can look at it. My name is Jason. What time you plan on getting out there?

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
K.I.S.S.

Always remember "FUN"!!!!!

Take as much "good" advice as you can.

Don't be afraid to ask questions????

Go into the "shop" section you will find a lot of answers,the people here are good people for the most part!!!! Shop is also a good place for all your questions!!!!

Don't try to drive over your head "out of control"

If it hurts you it's hurting the truck!!!!

Try to start out 60% and get into the race, before you do something stupid!!!

BE safe!!!!!

Do not over extend yourself $$$$ Off-Road racing is worse than Crack,and more expensive!!!!!!

Remember "FUN"
This is the best advice anyone can give in racing. Don't worry that he has a girl's name. He knows what he is talking about. LOL

racinteach

Reaction
Seat time will make you a better driver. Also you need to think in the worse case scenerio when prepping the truck...Look at how thiings are mounted and the products you have on the truck...now figure on it all breaking at one time or another...My goal was always to keep the truck rolling..so lots of time went into making sure the car could keep on moving. Pace is so important..race your own race...you've built your truck so you know it's weaknesses and strengths. I say this is the biggest advantage you have. As you race the truck you will figure out how much harder you can push it...

BHusami

Reaction
I will have a white enclosed trailer with MAC TOOLs, Z PEST CONTROL and DEZERTNATION stickers on it. Bring the race truck over so we can look at it. My name is Jason. What time you plan on getting out there?
Our goal is to get out there before sunset on Friday. Depends on how earl we can both sneak out of work.

BUSBY

Scrambler
Reaction
make sure you have water few bottles and granola bars in the truck just in case ...

sounds simple, but a hard lesson to learn if you don't have them and are stuck out there for hours.