• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Toyota based Pro Comp Raptor killer!

EBryant

Yes...what part of this says "Toyota?" And for the original poster, Ted Moncure, why would Ford try to create a "Raptor Killer?"

dan200

#BSF200
Wrong pic Matt-paint job is similar though -

Pro Comp introduces the best fully street-able Performance Long-Travel Suspension System currently available on the automotive after-market. Available for Toyota Tundra, the kit features ductile cast iron upper and lower extended A-arms with long lasting, maintenance-free, oversized OE-style pivot bushings to maintain factory levels of noise and vibration while increasing strength and durability. Extended length tie rod ends and CV axles accommodate the 5-inch track width increase for added high speed stability. Ride height is increased by 3- to 4-inches. Internal and external fender modification required to allow 14-inches of travel with 35-inch tires. Rear lift height and performance is achieved with longer spring shackles and multi-leaf spring mini packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dezertpilot

"A" for effort.

J Prich

So basically it's just a long travel Tundra kit? Why would I call Pro Comp instead of Camburg?

AZ7000'

Check out the rad Toyota Matt is racing in the RECORD race!

Ja ja ja ja;);)

bajafox

Accepted
Whats the cost versus a Total Chaos or Camburg kit?

My Tundra will some day get the TC/King Shock treatment hopefully

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

J Prich

Check out the rad Toyota Matt is racing in the RECORD race!

Ja ja ja ja;);)
Almost had me for a second, but if it were a Toyota it would have a couple of these laying around it!

Just kidding Matt and Justin, good luck at the Record race!

Jerry Zaiden

Whats the cost versus a Total Chaos or Camburg kit?

My Tundra will some day get the TC/King Shock treatment hopefully

Depends on what kit.

Our LT kit uses 1.5" uniballs upper and lower and 1" uniballs on the lower a-arm pivots at the frame. This kit is $3200ish + Coilovers, axles and by-pass options. We have custom shocks made by both KING and FOX for these kits.

IMG_1366.JPG

We also do our 1.5" uniball upper arms that are $700 and can pair up with Bilstein, FOX, or King coilovers. The coilovers range in price from Bilstein's 6112 $800 to FOX IFP coilovers $1300 to FOX and KING with clickers at $1800.

We have been building these Tundras dubbed the name "Raptor Slayer" for years.

Also note the stock length Tundra arms are almost the same length as a Raptor. A Raptor gets around 11.250" of travel and a Tundra with our upper arms and extended length FOX coilover gets around 10.5". Our LT kits get 16" with 4x4 (43% more travel) than a Raptor.

raptor slayer.jpg

bajafox

Accepted
Thanks for your reply Jerry. Dont get me wrong, I have spent several hours over the years on the Camburg website drooling over the things I would buy if I had the money. Ive had 2 Tacomas and Im on my 2nd, hopefully last, Tundra that once paid off, will get the long travel treatment.

Ive grown partial to TC but I think ultimately it will come down to cost and convenience.

I was curious about comparible kits between this Pro Comp kit, the TC kit and Camburg.

Jerry Zaiden

Thanks for your reply Jerry. Dont get me wrong, I have spent several hours over the years on the Camburg website drooling over the things I would buy if I had the money. Ive had 2 Tacomas and Im on my 2nd, hopefully last, Tundra that once paid off, will get the long travel treatment.

Ive grown partial to TC but I think ultimately it will come down to cost and convenience.

I was curious about comparible kits between this Pro Comp kit, the TC kit and Camburg.

All good. I only recommend you do your research and see what you are getting in each kit to see what kit suits your needs. I feel after you do your research you will see the better value. The components we use are much larger and much more expensive yet we are about the same price if not less.

Our kit with bigger 1.5" uniballs not 1" like others, 7/8" heims on the upper arm pivots, and 1" uniball lower A-Arm pivots not cheaper flexy bushings. Also we use a 3/4" 12 point NAS bolt on the lower uniball/ball joint pivot this is a $60 mil-spec bolt not a cheaper $8 grade 8. On-top of that we have a full box construction lower arm.

We also now have a Billet Aluminum upper arm upgrade. As well as a 6 piston brake kit using the Jamar TT calipers.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I believe the Procomp kit is made out of cast iron for their upper and lower arms and using an aftermarket OE style ball joint with rubber pivots. I also think they are going after a whole different customer.

J Prich

I also think they are going after a whole different customer.
Agreed 100%. I'm guessing the majority of the Pro Comp demographic has no idea what all that uniball talk was about!

BigBlue&Goldie

Comparing a Camburg long travel outfitted Tundra with a factory Raptor isn't really apples to apples anymore.

It's going to take more than just suspension to create a "Raptor Killer".