• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Toyota based Pro Comp Raptor killer!

nimrod

KOOK!
I heard the spindles and both lower and upper A arms are much tougher on the 2017 raptor.
Can anyone confirm that?

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
One of my regrets is that I couldn't convince our management back then to move that orange long travel Tundra into production. Then Toyota would have beaten the Raptor to market and everyone would be calling the Raptor a copy.
Absolutely correct.

johnnyweb

One of my regrets is that I couldn't convince our management back then to move that orange long travel Tundra into production. Then Toyota would have beaten the Raptor to market and everyone would be calling the Raptor a copy.

The original point of this thread is whether you like the F150 or the Tundra better, you can convert your truck into a high performance off road vehicle for less than the cost of a new Raptor or TRDpro Tundra with our new Pro Comp long travel suspension systems. You can even buy them off the lot already built and finance the whole package together with a great warranty.

Now why don't we all get off our keyboards and go have some fun in the desert!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Agreed! as long as you are not talking about a fully loaded truck with all the same bells and whistles the Raptors have. If you picked up a lightly used truck that had some good amenities you could make it happen. Still would not be the same truck but could be a fun truck and capable to get from A to B. Wait I think this concept has been done before. Cheap truck good suspension and go have fun!

offroadracer516

No dog in this fight. But I had a chance to pre run the snore Caliente race in 2015 with my buddy Richard Glaszczak in his Raptor. All it had added to it was Deaver leafs in the back. Besides that it was bone stock. It was impressive to say the least. We were getting it in most of the course. You still have to slow down for real ruff but most of the course we were able to take at speed. 5 of us out having a ball. And to me that's cool. Caliente is a lot like Baja. Not sure where the idea came from that you cant beat these trucks up. We beat the I failed spelling out of Richards and it didnt seem to mind at all. They are great trucks but expensive. Just like anything else in life that is good.

12LaPaz

At the end of the day there is a reason everyone wants to "try" to compare their truck to a raptor.
You can put 20 inches of aftermarket travel in a turd and it will still look like a turd.
It seems like the only people talking up the toyota are the guys selling parts for them.
Ford really hit the nail on the head when they made the raptor & they left the other manufactures holding their holding their butts with both hands.

dan200

#BSF200
It seems like the only people talking up the toyota are the guys selling parts for them.
I apologize on behalf of the people who frequent this form and are in the business of building trucks and parts for trucks. It's very rude of us to comment with educated opinions on the current line of trucks entering the market and their strengths and weaknesses. We're sorry for buying the first ones and then taking them apart, and then making them better and then working to share any wisdom that happened in that process...

(Rolls eyes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12LaPaz

I apologize on behalf of the people who frequent this form and are in the business of building trucks and parts for trucks. It's very rude of us to comment with educated opinions on the current line of trucks entering the market and their strengths and weaknesses. We're sorry for buying the first ones and then taking them apart, and then making them better and then working to share any wisdom that happened in that process...

(Rolls eyes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be my guest, work on whatever you like, no apology needed, careful with your eyes we wouldn't want you to get a headache.
Harbor freight sells a lot of tools, mostly junk but it seems there is a market for it.
I didn't create the raptor nor do I sell parts for them, I didn't make them what they are but it sure gets under the skin of some people. (hence)

blue dog

Are the procomp parts for the tundra made in the USA ?

bomber

Pretty impressed so far. Interested to see pricing and long term durability, especially with it using ball joints. If the price is good I could see these kits selling decently as they target a large group of people that don't need a full kill LT kit (and can't afford it), but need something more than Bilstein 5100's or even upper arm with c/o's.

Kudos to Pro Comp for trying this out too.

ORWTROY

Whats the cost versus a Total Chaos or Camburg kit?

My Tundra will some day get the TC/King Shock treatment hopefully

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
think of it this way.. procomp will get you and your family to the mall and grocery store.. its fender flares and wheel spacers.. cheap good fun is all you get. if you want to run with the guys from camburg , total chaos or solo motorsprts, you best buy one of those kits..

bajafox

Accepted
Thanks, I understand the performance difference. Jerry from Camburg has been nice enough to toss me a nice RDC discount for their setup when Im ready. For years Ive been drooling over a TC kit for all the trucks Ive had (2 Tacos, 2 Tundras)

I was just curious about the cost difference. My truck wont get anything done till its paid for and parked anyway, thats a few years away

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

M4BoomStick

30% better than the previous Raptor is what I'm hearing from multiple sources.

And Jerry is in denial, he lives in HB, land of the flat bills and white fenders where Toyota's are what's cool. haha
Says the guy from San Diego.... you chaps invented "Flat Billing"

JBSTEVENS44

So all this bickering of Ford vs Toyota has got me thinking. I'm in the market for a new truck and since the raptor isn't really an option without going used. What would it cost to put long travel front and rear on the trd pro with a bed cage? And would you say if one did this work to the trd pro that it would be better than the stock raptor?

J Prich

So all this bickering of Ford vs Toyota has got me thinking. I'm in the market for a new truck and since the raptor isn't really an option without going used. What would it cost to put long travel front and rear on the trd pro with a bed cage? And would you say if one did this work to the trd pro that it would be better than the stock raptor?
Call SDHQ...

JBSTEVENS44

I don't know enough about the Toyota yet. But if one were to do long travel front and rear on the Tundra would there be a reason to still get the trd pro performance wise? Does the pro model come with a different motor, transmission, rear end, etc. than the base tundra?