New Track in Tucson?

SMS81

Reaction
I AM NOT THE PROMOTER.

This is a feeler to form an idea about a possible turn out for a short course race in southern Arizona.

The Current Promoter/Track owner of Tucson Raceway Park is excited to bring off-road racing to his facility. He is willing to start racing as early as June 6th. This post once again is an attempt to predict possible turn out. He is open to all classes. His main goal is to pack some seats and put on a good show for the fans.

Entry fees and payback have yet to be determined. They will most likely be under $150 to enter. It would consist of a Friday practice and Saturday race.

The facility is top notch. It has hosted the Nascar truck series and has a rooted history. www.tucsonracewaypark.com

The track layout would be similar to that of the corr Texas.

I am a fellow short course racer who would like to see a local facility host a series. I have neither financial ties nor any interest of any kind in running the events at TRP. I would like to help other racer like myself find a permanent low cost facility ran by a promoter that is motivated to see off road racing grow.

Please post if TRP can count on your attendance.

Thank you

Pops

Reaction
Let's first explore the demographics of the Tucson area.

Same as Lancaster? Palmdale?

I don't know.

dnf736

Reaction
I dont know about other classes but there are 3 UTV racers that make the trip from Phoenix to race at M4SX, sometimes as many as 5.

I aslo know there is a considerable quad racer base in this are as well. Might not be your target racing group but it pays the fuel bill.

ProLite13

Reaction
:) Yes, great idea let's do it go AZ...:)

acecoman01

Reaction
Crandon,Wis. population 1961. About 100 miles no. of Green Bay.(pop.100,353)
Tuscon,Az. population 486,669. About 100 miles so. of Phoenix.(1,512,896)

Last edited:

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
you have to consider the demographics in all the surrounding cities. If you build it people will come?

But seriously. There are all sorts of people in tucson.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Let's first explore the demographics of the Tucson area.

Same as Lancaster? Palmdale?

I don't know.
Not even close.

Crandon,Wis. population 1961. About 100 miles no. of Green Bay.(pop.100,353)
Tuscon,Az. population 486,669. About 100 miles so. of Phoenix.(1,512,896)
A. Its spelled Tucson.
2. You’re only posting the city populations for Tucson and Phoenix, Tucson is closer to a million and Phoenix is closer to 3 million in the surrounding areas or “market area”. Most people live outside of the City limites in Tucson, the Phoenix popluation number needs to include Tempe and all of the other connected cities.
Lastly. Arizona has about 6.5 million in the state, so if the population of Phoenix and Tucson were only 2 million, Yuma would be as big as San Diego.

Back in the day, before TRP was paved and it was called Corona Speedway, they had several off road short course races.
I’m most sure how cost effective it would be to move all of the dirt in and out for the amount of beer you would sell, but I’d show up if they could pull it off.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
I think Tucson, AZ has a lot of potential and I think the race fans would support it. Upwards of 2 million people in Tucson and surrounding areas, not to mention Phoenix is only 2 hours away, close to So. Cal and So. Nev. Less competition for the entertainment dollar as far as other activities go, no beaches, no professional sporting teams (correct me if I'm wrong), large OHV population. But what do I know, new markets can be a gamble (although I preached Phx. for 3 years and look what happened). But remember it always takes a year or two to build a following in new cities. It will do a hell of a lot better than running off to North Carolina.
Definitely a market worth looking at.
Rob

prolite#7

Reaction
crandon,wis. Population 1961. About 100 miles no. Of green bay.(pop.100,353)
tuscon,az. Population 486,669. About 100 miles so. Of phoenix.(1,512,896)
mexico 75 miles another million plus
:d