NEW TRACK!!! Test and Tune this weekend.

uncle crusty

Reaction
All right all you off road racers and fans. There's a new track in town and we want YOU! to come out for the test and tune this weekend. The track is located in Amargosa just 5 miles off 95 north of Vegas. This is a 2 mile, closed coarse, true desert style race track.
Check out the web site OCORR.NET for more information and pre-registration. Plenty of lodging near by or you can camp at the track.
SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

stockprerunner96

Reaction
Sounds pretty interesting. Any more info or pictures? They only have a few on the website. And dooes anybody know if they will have some sort of an" open practice" throughout the season, or just one test and tune?

uncle crusty

Reaction
Hi stockprerunner96. There will be more pictures after this weekend. We have a lot of pics of the same few cars/buggies who have been coming out to help build the track so we should have a good selection of stuff next week. I will post a note here after I have the updates done.
As for more practice/test&tune dates, YES. There should be at least 4 more of those dates through the year. Keep an eye on the schedule.

paid4

Reaction
hello to all desert raceres of all classes ive been posting on the other thread the track is awsome and technical and 2 miles long. And for the entry is only $62.00 for both days to practice. Hope to see all of tou this weekend

paid4

Reaction
calling all older cars that are just sitting of all classes if you have older cars and trucks we have classes for you so bring out all your older cars also.

DMaurer1899

Reaction
We found one of your guy's fliers and started making plans to take my Champ car (SNORE class 1800) out and run it in the test and tune this sunday. Is it as simple as showing up and driving? We plan on bring multiple drivers. As many as 6. Is it just open course?

uncle crusty

Reaction
Hi SNORELite1899. Technically each driver would have to pay an entry fee. For the Test&Tune, entry fees are half of normal and it includes both days. Best bet would be to visit the site OCORR.NET, take a look at the rules, fees and schedule, then I would say contact Clay and ask him specifically. He is the final answer on all of that. Hope to see you there and don't forget to pre-register. ;)

uncle crusty

Reaction
Little update on track info-
First) thanks stockprerunner96 for posting us on dezertrangers. I can not post there just yet (new account) so if someone can pass the info below on, that would be real cool :cool:

Second) the track is plenty technical with 12-14 nice jumps and plenty of tight turns. The pics you guys/gals are looking at are from during preliminary grading and of parking/pit areas. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Third) I was just informed that spectators are half price this weekend TOO!!!! Adults are $5.00 and kids 10 and under are half free :D

uncle crusty

Reaction
More pics just added. Trucks and UTV. I am waiting to get more pics of just the track but our photographer didn't show up today :eek: These are stills from a video (hint hint).

Everybody had a great time today. We sure hope to see some more racers out there tomorrow. Gates open at 7:00. You guys that came out today, be sure to tell everyone here what you thought of the track and the setup.
Thanks.

uncle crusty

Reaction
Still awaiting more feedback from the guys that came out yesterday. They had a real good time and seemed very excited about the track layout and condition. This test&tune was as much about getting the track tuned up as the cars. We need drivers/cars to come out and run it, and then be honest with their feedback. I saw one comment elsewhere about the track from last weekend and let me say this, it is different then it was then. This is a brand new track and we need your opinions and suggestions.
Come on out and have a good time, and let us know what you think. Still plenty of time to get out and run a few laps today. ;)