New tracker and updated Stella required by SCORE

Chainguide

Reaction
New tracker and updated Stella required by SCORE. Notice the requirement for the motos to wear the new SPICA device on their person and have to pass it on like a baton. Now I understand what they are trying to do in the name of safety but his needs to be looked at seriously. I can just imagine the havoc this will play. Guys forgetting to swap it out during rider changes. Even worse, what if they realize they forgot it after riding down course a couple of miles? What do they do then? Ride backwards on the course to retrieve it? It will be interesting. Like they say " all roads to Hell are paved with good intentions"

Attachments

• SCORE 3-14-19.jpg
    SCORE 3-14-19.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 260

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
that's going to be a more issues for handlebar classes..

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
so does anyone have info on that new "upgraded" stella device?

pgarfinkle

Reaction
Glad to see the device will be on the rider. Having only one unit on the bike makes no sense from a safety perspective. The brief attached mentions penalties for failure to pass it from rider to rider. I didn't go over to read what those will be but this is a step in the right direction.

Chainguide

Reaction
Glad to see the device will be on the rider. Having only one unit on the bike makes no sense from a safety perspective. The brief attached mentions penalties for failure to pass it from rider to rider. I didn't go over to read what those will be but this is a step in the right direction.
Like I mentioned above, this will become problematic when teams forget to make the transfer. Depending on what the penalties are, that will have an effect on how teams react. I guaranty that there will be more than one team that misses the handoff. It is just a fact of life in the 15 second fuel and rider change world. If SCORE wants to have individual devices, make it mandatory that all riders have a personal Spot device.

pgarfinkle

Reaction
Like I mentioned above, this will become problematic when teams forget to make the transfer. Depending on what the penalties are, that will have an effect on how teams react. I guaranty that there will be more than one team that misses the handoff. It is just a fact of life in the 15 second fuel and rider change world. If SCORE wants to have individual devices, make it mandatory that all riders have a personal Spot device.

I don't disagree on the personal devices for each rider and I know how it can get during a pit stop with a rider change when things go right never mind if there is an issue. I just think it is a step in the right direction and I am glad to see that they are thinking about us on the bikes and not just focusing everything on the TTs.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
Seriously though. Is it an arm strap of some sorts? Chest plate?
chest plate not sure if that easy to detach/attach to the next guy. and realistically speaking, we forget to pass the sat phone, this will probably be the same issue, but the good thing is that it might help on the penalization with teams that cheat with multiple bikes, so we don't need to rush the rider changes and we can do a better inspection on the bike

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
here is the updated Stella EVO. looks very similar to the previous one but a lil easier to read and maybe to use..
FB_IMG_1553005640566.jpgFB_IMG_1553005644435.jpgFB_IMG_1553005646438.jpgFB_IMG_1553005648444.jpgFB_IMG_1553005650382.jpg

Rslhc

Reaction
Any feedback from any teams on the new SPICA? What’s it look like? How was the handoff process? What is the purpose of the SPICA? Just another means to do an SOS beacon?