New Trophy Kart / UTV / Quad track in Imperial Vallley

JEFF_DICKERSON

Reaction
There is a new Trophy Kart / UTV track being built in the Imperial Valley at the fairgrounds in Imperial. This will be a great venue as it is built inside the 3/8 dirt (clay) oval at the fairgrounds. The first race is a two day event scheduled for September 25th & 26th.

The schedule is not set in stone yet but for the trophy karts there will be a j1/j2 class, a modified class and possibly a modified tk class (something that an ebk or illegal tk would fit in).

For the UTV's probably a modified and stock class.

These races will be run in conjunction with the stock car races that are being run the same weekend.

There are hookups available for RV's or a motel directly across the street. Or many others located off I-8 which is only 10 minutes south or 10 minutes north to Brawley.

There is a cash payout instead of just trophies.

I am not the promoter I am just spreading the word.

Here are some pictures after the FIRST day of dirt work. Straw bales are being delivered this week along with more heavy work being done in the next 10 days.

Who is willing to come down and race the first race? Remember it is only 1hr. 45 min. from San Diego or 2 hr. 30min. from San Bernardino.

Attachments

• new track 017.jpg
    new track 017.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 288
  • new track 021.jpg
    new track 021.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 268
  • new track 005.jpg
    new track 005.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 288

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
When they have held these races in the past, there have been big audiences. The SWRA is promoting these events. There should be a lot of locals racing & I hope there are some from SD & the Riverside area racers as well as the Yuma area that would like to race.

07FJRog

Reaction
interested in UTV. so $40 pre car and 40 for pit pass for crew or friends???

Thanks,
Rog

07FJRog

Reaction
When they have held these races in the past, there have been big audiences. The SWRA is promoting these events. There should be a lot of locals racing & I hope there are some from SD & the Riverside area racers as well as the Yuma area that would like to race.

Ronni, have you seen this new track setup yet? is it UTV friendly or gonna break stuff? UTV's and M/C moguls don't mix :eek:.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
I have seen a few pix. It is not a MX track. It looks to be SXS freindly. They are running Trophy Karts too , so it can't be too crazy.

dnf736

Reaction
Don’t beat me up, just relaying what I know, race on 9/26 & 9/27. .

Classes
TK’s Elite. Combined 250 & 450
TK, combined Jr1 & Jr2, did I say that right?
UTV, Lucas spec.

Purse if enough entries.

I did recommend he allow stockers or lightly modified UTV’s as long as they meet a minium safety spec of doors, nets, restraints, & seats. Don’t know what they’ll decide there.

Entry $40.00, yes $40.00, includes car & driver.

Pit pass, $40.00 per, not sure on minimum age.

PAS Style track w/o the jumps on the main track** but we've raced there before, El Centro has a larger infield than PAS so the main part of the offroad racing will take place there.

**Will be part of the stock car racing show which is different, could be interesting.

The down side? Same weekend as the TORC Series.

That’s all I know, if I hear anymore Ill post.

Contact Aaron for more info, 760-356-2442, maybe they’ll get something on their web site.

SWRA Southwest Racing Association

Tough call for us, after last Saturdays M4SX race Codes engine has 135 race laps on it (yes I keep track) so it’s due for some TLC but he’s really bugging me to race it though so …...

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
The stockcars have been having a hard time putting butts in the grandstands & cars on the track. They are hoping to get new fans with the offroad segements of their program. The way I see it is, there are a lot of off-road racers & fans in the Imperial Valley. If they all come together to race the Sidexsides & Trophy Karts & bring the fans that I know are out there. There will be new support for the stockcar racing & there will be a new series to race Sidexsides & Trophy Karts. So please support this. We need racing of all kinds in the Imperial valley. It is not that far from San Diego or Yuma. so you racers & fans come on over & give this series a try. I know we drove to Adelanto, Lake Elsinore & Perris to support the M4SX /Dirt Alliance Sidexside Nationals.

JEFF_DICKERSON

Reaction
So after spending all day there today I can tell you that the track is going to be really fun for the trophy karts and utv's. Here are some more pictures from today. The straw bales are arriving tomorrow to line the course.

Attachments

• IMG_6641.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6648.jpg
    IMG_6648.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 173

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
The weather is supposed to cool down a little for the weekend. This looks like a fun track. The 2 day show starts Saturday the 26th with the pit gate opening @ 2:00 P.M. with the racing starting @ 6:00 P.M. Sunday the pit gate opens @ 10:00 A.M with the races starting @ 2:00 P.M. The stock car racing is pretty good & if enough sidexsides, quads & trophy karts show up, the show could really be great. Please support this series. The Imperial Valley needs racing of all kinds.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
The latest is the UTVs are only running Sunday. Pitgate opens @ 10:30 A.M. Drivers meeting @ 12:45 P.M. There will be a practice before the race @ 2:00 P.M. Call Aaron Mari for details. 760-356-2442. I believe the Trophy Karts are running both days. The weather has been cooling off. The nights are really nice.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
Sorry guys. There will be no quads racing. I just read that on another site. Remember this is the SWRAs first venture into stadium offroad racing. There will be a few bugs to work out. I heard the track is a fun track.

m80ondirt

Reaction
Great trophy cart race last nite!!! Photo finish, don't know who the winner was or who finished second and third but it was a tight back and forth battle between 3 cars last 2 laps!!! Wish you could hear the announcer but the sound system leaves alot to be desired!

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
So Matt, are you building a trophy kart for your kids? Were you @ the races on Sunday? were there very many sidexsides? We were out of town. They asked us to come back & work the pit gate. We need to call Aaron today.