• Forum membership has its advantages....

NEW Trophy Truck team!

fab101

We have a new father and 2 sons team. This team is really cool, Brent and his two sons Kyle and Andrew just started this week a "build your own Trophy Truck" class. Brent is a construction contractor and he plans to build this truck with his two sons and race it when its done. Brent had some medical issues about a year ago and almost died. He realized that he almost missed out on watching his two sons grow up. Brent saw our ad in a magazine and felt this would be a good thing to get into. This would bring him and his two sons closer, also this build would give him his dream vehicle... a Trophy Truck! Brent is almost fully recoverd from his medical condidtion he had last year and he is ready to race. There build consist of mon, tues, and thurs day class from 8 am - 5 pm. They should move right along on the build so keep your eye on this thread in the future. They are still in welding phase and will be done welding next week.

Sheaco

Cool story, I look forward to watching the progress.

Tom_Willis

Git 'er done! It's only fourteen months 'till the 2008 Laughlin.

Should we will hold a spot for them in the Trophy Truck staging area?

Doug

Git 'er done! It's only fourteen months 'till the 2008 Laughlin.

Should we will hold a spot for them in the Trophy Truck staging area?
Why stop there? Save a spot for them on the Podium. :D

fab101

The son Kyle had to take care of some business in Florida, so for the mean time a friend of their family has taken his spot, his name is Scott. Here are some updated pics.

fab101

This is our new tubing bender we use for the 2" 4130.. the smaller benders dont hold up to the streangth of the 2" .120

Doug

I'll have to try out that bender next time I am there. Very cool.

Doug

The engine just showed up yesterday. This truck is going to be more of a serious Prerunner/play truck but also a truck that can be entered in SCORE races. The engine they chose is a ZZ572R Chevy crate engine making 720 h.p. They have been able to put this motor on a dyno and tune it to the sound of 843 h.p. to the flywheel on race gas! This engine is perfect for this truck because it uses aluminum heads and has a 1 year warrantee from Chevy. This engine will be hooked up to a turbo 400 transmission.

Attachments

Doug

This is a pic of the new proud owners of the ZZ572 720R. From left to right is Andrew, Scott, and Brent.

Attachments

nmdzrtrat

updates!!!!

We want to see some more pics of the next points champs building their truck!!!

Makes me want to do this with my brother and father, too.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Dezertpilot

NICE! Look sto be a very nice build! Cant wait for the truck to be finished! What rear end are they using?

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
the truck looks great. will be cool to see the finished product