• Forum membership has its advantages....

New TT

Klaus

Administrator
Looks like someone got a new toy...word on the street is it will debut this weekend.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Ok, come on now, that is just plain mean! All those cool pic's and no description? How about the low down!

Shaun

Eric_Record

Definately must be the new Porter built Trophy Truck. Looks pretty dang sweet. who fwd'd the nice happy snappys ??? it will be great to see that thing at BITD Terribles Town ! Klaus are you going ?

Go Desert Productions ~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.go-desert.com

Klaus

Administrator
Nope, no one with rdc will be there.

And yes its the new Porter TT...almost a good reason to go to the race.

rdc

Whoa! Good eye Bruce......must be a mid-engine. Sure can't see any sign of an engine in the front of that thing. Are we sure that ISN'T Robbies truck. Sure does look like it.

Shaun

Klaus

Administrator
its a mid engine setup with a v-drive...
from what I have heard its build very similar to Robby's TT.

scott

Porter Car Muller-Hood, Is that Jeffries new truck. Jeffries did run the Muller-Hood Class 1 in the 99
Baja 1000.... Any connection???????

Tony_Barraza

Hey Guys-The new Porter-Built TT for Damen Jefferies is WAY COOL! Killer quality throughout. The truck IS mid-engine, V8, with V-drive confinguration. The truck also features ALOT of really trick aluminum work, especially around the engine compartment. In addition to this, Danny and his crew built a trick, "wraparound" carbon fiber dash. Should be exciting to see them run this weeknd. Jefferies and the Muller-Hood group are friends, and Danny Porter builds for both teams. It's common to see them support each other.

ORI

Hey I am back after a LONG RETIREMENT, And I have some scoop on the Porter built Trophy Truck.

It is a V-drive, It is the same body as Robbys, bought through Mark Martin, formally of Rivera Racing. The motor is being built by Keith Black, the same guy that did alot of the Rough RIders motors. transmission is buy Tony at Rancho transmission. Word is that while straight out of the box fast, Damen had a couple of concerns with the cooling and overall speed (128 MPH). He would have liked to see it at around 140MPH and cooling at 200 deg. instead of 220! Man don't we wish that this was our only problems with a brand new truck!! The truck is similar in a lot of ways to Robbys there was some sharing of ideas between Danny and Johnny Keiser, (Robbys soon to be brother in law), who helped on the building of Robbys old truck (Riveras Truck) and his current V-Drive Truck. Johnny is currently employed at Porter Race Cars and helped in the fabrication of Damens new toy. Danny and the boys at Porter Race Cars are hard at work on Damens Bronco Pre-runner, getting it ready for the Baja 500 pre-run. Look for this to be totally different from when you last saw it. It is losing the 4-Wheel Drive and going to be four linked in the back, losing the old leaf spring arrangement. That is it for now, it is great to be back and hope that I am as well recieved as I was last time,

Thanks
Off-Road Insider
I know ALL!!!!!!!!

StandOnTheGas

The truck looks like it has the goods and "Demon" can be fast. Look for him to be a threat. Good to see "Off Road Insider" return. High five to Klaus for the new board attracting quality posters like Off Road Insider. Hey Off Road Insider nice address...

Bruce

rdc

Hey Klaus Ann called me from BITD where she was checking out that TT. Says it's totally bitchin and Damen is ready to kick some butt with it. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Sc