New TT

RacerX

Reaction
Does anyone have any pictures of any of the new Trophy Trucks being built (Jones, Riviera. ect......) Or any news on them?
Thanks

scott

Reaction
Riviera's (nick baldwin) TT is done and ran a CODE race in San Felipe last month. A transmission and a shock had to be replaced, but it did finish. Next race race for it will be the Baja 1000. I believe Jone's will be at the 500....

Pops

Reaction
Nick Baldwin\'s New TT *DELETED*

Post deleted by Pops

RacerX

Reaction
Re: Nick Baldwin\'s New TT

Do you have any pics of Nick Baldwins truck. I was at the CODE race but never saw it, I was busy chasing.

Pops

Reaction

One more..
E-mail me if you would like more at Isanimal(NOSpam)@aol.com < remove the "Nospam" part
Pit Support (Riviera Racing)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Pops on 05/28/02 04:00 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

Salvador

Reaction

I was chasing for the 1800 truck on the mile marker 7 (Morelia Jump), and on the Morelia Road (Mile 70, Check 2) and saw it on the Morelia jump on his second lap and on the start, and was a real screamer, and saw some photos on Sunday Eve on the awards and on his first lap he jump real high on the Morelia jump (Mile marker 7). Will try to talk to some one that bought one off this photos too scan them out.

Mexican PreRunner

Volcom1095

Reaction

was that truck built by the same builder as the Riviera truck and wasnt the riviera built by Gordon? i know it was Gordons truck but wasn't sure if he built it?

Pops

Reaction

Nick Baldin's truck #99 was built in-house. Mark Post's truck #3 was built originally by Robby Gordon Racing. Both Nick and Mark are Riviera Racing.

Pit Support (Riviera Racing)

Attachments

BigD

Reaction

I know that riviera also uses robby gordon shocks on their vehicles, but why arent they utilizing a bypass shock as well as the coilover. just seems to me that they might be taking a chance of falling behind in tuning capabilities compared to some of the other TT teams out there?? what do you guys think?

JasonHutter

Reaction

Those shocks are huge. Could they have internal by-passes?

Jason

Gabe Lara

Reaction

The Robby Gordon shocks are internally bypassed. Truly state-of-the-art.
As far as other TT's and Buggys utilizing a more traditional set-up (coilover/ bypass), I think it comes down to preference, and what may work better for other designs, etc.

The Prerunners that Nestor Berardi @ Newline is building for Scott Steinberger and Ryan Herzog will utilize these Robby Gordon shocks as well.

-Gabe

BigD

Reaction

i knew that they where internally bypassed, but are those easy to tune?? I've never had the chance to check em out close up...i know the advantage of reguar bypass are that you can dramatically change the ride by simply turning an easy to reach tube, are the internal bypass as easy to adjust or does the entire shock have to be taken apart. those shocks truly are amazing though! i wouldnt mind a set for my truck if they didn't cost $5000 a piece...ouch

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction

The Robby shocks are not easily adjusted. You drill holes in the inner can that work as your bypass holes. If they are off. You buy a new can and re-drill them, its trial and error. Robby does help out with his shocks though. Not like he leaves you hi and dry and drilling holes just anywhere. The shocks are actually only $3k each which is not too bad considering you will spend that or more on each corner with a 3.0 coilover and bypass at each wheel. The coils are double the price of a 3.0 and Brett @King does not stock them so its order what you think and if its wrong your loss and you order again, with the 3.0 coils he will exchange them if they are wrong. Going to a 4.0 internal bypass coilover is a huge commitment but saves space and weight. It will become more popular as time goes on. I know Robby sales his, Sway Away made some for Danes truck and I know Brett has been approached and might be building some.

Kbach66

Reaction

One question I have about the shocks is why does it seem like they're running shorter travel on them? I was looking at Scott's (PCI) prerunners that Nestor built, and it seems the shocks are tucked pretty close to the front of the trailing arm pivot. Also...Jimmy Weitzel has a "play truck" that had gordons shocks on it, and his was the same way. The extra cab was notched quite a bit at the rear window, and the shock was "inside" the extra cab by the third bench. I do quite a bit of motocross suspension testing, and to get the most fluid 'long travel' feel out of the bike, the shock travel wants to be as long as possible. This way lighter valving, and a softer spring could be used. As soon as the linkage ratio becomes smaller, you end up with a heavy spring/valving combination that gives a short stroke feeling.

Ok....that's enough mumbling....I'll sit down now.....

scott

Reaction

Pops, " There Ya Go"..... Thanks for the SF Pics.....