New Venue?

Big_Rich

What would you all think of having one of our desert races at a location that we could run 10-11 mile loops, and would be spectator friendly like PC. This would be in Nevada, closer for most than the other desert races.

Close to hotels, we could support bands at night, good services etc.

Rich

www.vorra.com

curt

Been there, done that....Got to be careful of that whacked jump that got Patty's front end and gave Todd a concussion, wadded up an 8 truck I believe, and put that other lady in a wheelchair. Of course its each drivers responsibility but I'd like that spectator area just after the Start/Finish clearly marked for hazzards. Curt

VORRA Class 7

Big_Rich

I believe we are talking a new course, not one run before.
Rich
But we will test everything we do first. well, test to some degree, I don't own a racer just yet.

www.vorra.com

J_Dog

Rich,
I've never raced in Fernley, actually this will be our first year in the desert races. A 10-11 mile course, such as the SCORE Laughlin race, is a very good idea. I think it's a lot more spectator friendly and is easier for pit support. I have spectated at Laughlin the last two years and really like the venue. Just my $.02.

How many laps would be run? And, would it be a one-day or two-day event?

Jeff Matlock
CODE 3 Motorsports
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

Big_Rich

Well heres my thoughts, but remember I'm new to the desert racing scene. full race about 200-250 miles. 2 day event to spread out the field.

Rich

www.vorra.com

Irishf00k

Thought we were kicked out of Fernley for tearing up there land? I heard, through the grapevine mind you, that the residents weren't informed of what our cars could do to there roads and got upset after the race. Not sure if this is true.

~Irish

Big_Rich

I've heard all sorts of different stories, but that was a different race and a different promoter. We have a pretty clear understanding this time around, and the experience that was gained the last time.

Rich

www.vorra.com

martininsocal

Big Rich- No chance at Virginia City and its 20 mile loop? That was a great race.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Big_Rich

When I approched BLM on the idea, I was shot down faster than a slow/low flying duck. Won't happen they say. I'm always up for push'n the fact and trying and the Carson City office knows it, but not with this one.

I wish though......

Rich

www.vorra.com

J_Dog

Rich,
Any news on the Fernley race yet? Also, what is the schedule going to be like for the Prairie City races?

Jeff Matlock

Big_Rich

I think we will hold off on Fernley this year, work for something there in 04. We need to fix the dust issuse at the raceway first.

Short Course Schedule is as follows:

Opener.....March 29-30
Spring fling....April 26-27

Sept sizzler....Sept. 27-28
Oct. land rush....Oct. 25-26

Rich

www.vorra.com

J_Dog

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. What is the schedule at each of the short course races (i.e. when is practice, qualifying, Sat. races?, etc.)? Thanks.

Jeff Matlock

Big_Rich

Sorry, but has yet to be determined, I'll be sending out the info shortly
Rich

www.vorra.com