• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Years

JCA

Anyone going to hang at the Fud New Years Race? The race is on New Years Eve. I know it is small buit it is a fun way to spend New Years. A lot of teams use to use this race to test their new equipment for the next year. all the info is at www.fudrace.com

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

AllwaysRcn

I'll be there driving the ORW 9-car(#900). My team-mate Chuck Hovey will be racing in his ORW (ScatV4 Jimco) Class 1 car. The "Dunaway Dash" usually has a good turn-out. The New Years Eve party afterwards is allways Epic.

I will be driving a Protruck and my brother David will be racing our Excursion to test some new stuff.........

Matt Scaroni Excursion #4111

The M in SMD

mgobaja

I've gone for the last 12 years and wouldnt miss it for the world. This race has FUDs best turn out for the year and with lots of bitchin place to spectate from.

Jimmy8

We always go out in the desert hear in Parker by the wash, take the quads, have a bonfire, BBQ, shoot fireworks, and act silly all night. Great time, but I heard that race usually is quite fun as well.

PMC Racing

DougM

I will be there in the dark green Jeep Grand Cherokee with BAJA ZJ on the plates..

open OHV area..cant get much better then that. Too bad they dicontinued the Poker run though :(

Hey Jeff how many other trucks will there be at New Years. Not class 8 trucks but stuff like Trophy Trucks and Protrucks. Maybe if we have enough we can make our own class and not have to run Class 1. Last year I ran class one and was able to stay up with the cars but we had to be on it real hard. Let me know what you think.........

The M in SMD

As far as I know you and I will be the only Pro-Trucks and I haven't herd of any other trucks period. There were 6 class 1 cars pre-entered not including us and I have herd there may be 2 or 3 more. It should be a good race.

sirhk100

Hey JC, check it out, I'm ONLINE, amazing huh!!!

I'll be there with JC. Look for his truck, my Red Explorer with the Gold plated front end (J/K but my alignment better be straight for the $ spent on it!!), or my Yellow YZ400 with a dezert tank.

Khris

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

JCA

Raul Kay has entered as sportsman. I was glad to hear that you were going. I wanted to check out your new truck. I am still way behind with my truck but am still working on getting there.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

yeah the new truck will be there...sold the old one....went pre-running on sunday(yesterday)...it seems like a decent course..first half is very fast and the last half is kinda rough...i think most of it will get beat down though.....

SDranger

I've never been, but it seems cool to me. The only thing is where is this place? I went to www.fudrace.com and they don't have any maps or anything. I see plaster city on my map, but exactly where does the race start etc? Any more directions/maps would be helpful. Thanks

mgobaja

To get to the Fud race take Hwy 8 East to Dunaway Rd. Top of the off ramp turn left and follow all the way to the stop sign ( approx 2 miles ). You either have to turn left or right. Turn left and follow the road (evan hughes highway ) until you pass plaster city and the course will be on your right.

From San Diego take I-8 east, when you get to Ocotillo take the frontage road east. It's about 1 mile before you get to Plaster City. Bikes start at 7:00, cars at noon.

sirhk100

What's the best way to get over there from Ocotillo Wells, not Ocotillo? Oh, and straight through the dezert along the rail road tracks isn't acceptable. I'm looking for a paved route!!

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

I'm not sure of the road name, but there's a road that cuts across from hwy 78 to Ocotillo. from Ocotillo Wells go west into the mountains and then turn south. There's a road sign that says I-8/Ocotillo.