New Zealand Woodhill 100 2009

renagade

Reaction
Hey, thought i would share some pics i took at the woodhill 100 race down here in New zealand. The race is one of the oldest in the country, next year will be it's 30th year. It was a smaller event this year not as many cars as normal but still a good race.

all the photo's are here

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114629&id=833132003&l=f51293c9d2

Last edited:

renagade

Reaction
Crazy looking ? which car is that, haha they all look normal to me just about all of the buggys in NZ are Beam cars theres only a few A arm buggys that i can think of

Wingman357

Reaction
Cool. That terrain looks like nothing I've ever seen. Pretty unforgiving huh?? Trees and stumps.....ouch!!! Do they run turbos in those cars???

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Great pictures... thanks for sharing a race on a completely different terrain! NZ... still one of my dream destinations! :D

spalind

Reaction
Love that terrain!! Always good to see something different, keep us up to date with NZ races!

renagade

Reaction
Cool. That terrain looks like nothing I've ever seen. Pretty unforgiving huh?? Trees and stumps.....ouch!!! Do they run turbos in those cars???

yep sure do, that car 188 the one on the wheelstand, runs a honda vtec turbo, with anti lag and around 500hp, it's awesome to watch and is the only car ive seen that can pull wheel stands through 1st and 2nd and 3rd gear, it's like watchn a dirt bike do wheelies.!

yeah woodhill is actulally one of the roughest races we have, taupo 1000 is longer but dosn't have the sand tracks that cut up.

07FJRog

Reaction
great pics, thanks for sharing. is this the same race (location) that we saw on TV with the TWO FJ cruisers race at??? last year??

Rog

renagade

Reaction
Yeah this is the woodhill 100 a much shorter race of around 200 odd K's ( i dunno how far that is in miles) it's called the 100 because it used to be 100 miles and the name stuck.

Woodhill and taupo are both held in comercial forest's, thats why the tree's look the same (pine trees) but woodhill is a sand based forest and Taupo is on some sand and pumice so they are a bit different.

renagade

Reaction

yeah it is unforgiving you go a bit wide and this happens

(not my pic uploaded form oranz.co.nz)