newbe 9

btljuuc

Reaction
Hello all. I just purchased my first real 9 car. I'm looking for someone close to my area that i can show the car to, get advice and so-on. I'm not totally a dumb ***, have a recreational baja bug, and have helped my brother with his class 11. tenative first race is in september with vorra. My location is in Ripon California, thats in the middle of Stockton and Modesto, or about an hour from sacramento or hour and half from San Francisco. Hope i can make some contacts.

Shred918

Reaction
I cant say I know any swingers up there but I am curious what car you got.... post up some pics and we may be able to give you some insight.

Best of luck!

BenStock

Reaction
I'm in the same boat as you. Purchased my first nine car last month and am planning on making the VORRA September race my first one. Will be nice to learn with someone else. Happy to see another 9 car entering VORRA!

Send a PM to Forest Creasy. His name on here is "team mach 5" and he posts in the VORRA section. Here is an incar video that he posted of the Yerington race. I believe he's from the Sacramento area and flies in his little swinger from the one race I've seen him in (Check out his lap times compared to class 10's he had to race in class with).

I'm a newbie myself and live just south of Portland so I'm probably not what you're looking to contact. Feel free to contact me though if you have any questions about where I am in the whole process of getting ready. Good Luck!

Last edited:

ryno_racing

Reaction
well i would be the third newbe, out of Albuquerque, NM lets use this thread to post pics of each of our cars and for all the "newbe" 9's to join in. I am in the process of getting some pics off of my camera to post so keep an eye out for my car in the next couple of days. It wont look like much because i have it torn down to just the chassis but maybe we can start something here for the newbe guys to this class. And also some of the experienced 9 car guys to comment on the cars and maybe make some suggestions.

KyleMurray

Reaction
well i would be the third newbe, out of Albuquerque, NM lets use this thread to post pics of each of our cars and for all the "newbe" 9's to join in. I am in the process of getting some pics off of my camera to post so keep an eye out for my car in the next couple of days. It wont look like much because i have it torn down to just the chassis but maybe we can start something here for the newbe guys to this class. And also some of the experienced 9 car guys to comment on the cars and maybe make some suggestions.

L & B Racing has a 9er now!? Right on! :D

ryno_racing

Reaction
Kyle,
This is ryan and i bought one about a month ago... hopefully i can still co-drive in the truck and race against you in the 9. Just a single seater but it will be fun, dont make me look too bad, and dont hit me too hard when you go to pass me...:):)