• Forum membership has its advantages....

Newbie going to Baja 500

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Hey folks. I made it to the Baja 2000, last year, and that was my first offroad race ever. Had a blast. We are headed back over for the Baja 500, in a few weeks. I'm looking for some suggestions on good places to view the action. I would love to see some good jumps and maybe some long high speed stretches. I will be staying in Ensenada.

Also, do you guys think that the course map will be posted on the Score website, soon? Please don't use this as an opportunity to bash Sal. I think he is doing a great service for all of us, racers and spectators. I am sure that it is quite a task, to manage a race like this.

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff Posey
Huntsville, Alabama

frankh

Score will not put up the map till the week before you can start pre-running. This is to help land owners in mexico. So will have to wait and see.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Without the course map being posted all we can do is guess-timate on your question. I’m not to sure about jumps but if you want a nice high-speed section you can’t beat “the beach” down by Erendira. Great scenery, cool, and easy to get to.

Shaun

pjc

Chairman
I am confident that the course will include a coastal run through the Erindera area. Erindera is accessed via a decent paved road off of highway #1 south of Santo Thomas. The course generally comes down from the wheat fields, through a wash, along the "boulder road" on the beach then through a narow section along the cliff with large rain ruts and onto very high speed coastal roads. Erindera offers a lot of great camping spots and enthusiastic spectators. Have fun!

PJCinLV
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com>http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

Junior

I second the recommendation from my friend Mr. Chicas. The Erindera area has several different types of off road action within a few miles. The location is also spectacular in itself. The sunset is postcard variety!

Junior
EJR Racing #244

scott

If you can, try to catch most of the good Classes through Guadalupe Wash off HWY 3 which is North of Ensenada. Thats the beginning of the race, at about mile marker 25 to 30, then shoot back to Ensenada and head south on HWY 1. You'll drive awhile until you hit KM 78 on the road. They'll be a dirt road on the right which will lead you
to the ocean. You'll come to a town just before the beach, which is Erendira... Watch your Speed through there, Lots of Cops looking for good ol' American $$$$$$.... Set yourself up on the beach somewhere. You'll have plenty of time, because thats Race mile 300 to 315. Enjoy the ocean, eat some grub, and whatever else you want to do. Thats a high speed section 90 to 100 mph.. for the unlimited classes... There is a little bit of everything there. Have Fun

Klaus

Administrator
Well.. that assumes the course will be the same as in the past years.

I picked up some rumors that it will be different..so all we can do is wait for SCORE to release the Maps.

El Chinero

Great scenario ... I'll do that, too. You get the best of it all WITHOUT the hassle of the Ojos road twice.

TT - Savannahville, GA

Tony T
El Chismoso

El Chinero

PJC:

my "spies" also affirm that scenario -- EL Cheese + Checkeroids.

both good spots to hange and be hanged

tt

Tony T
El Chismoso