CanyonMan

Reaction
I just bought a 1997 GMC xtra cab 1500 4x4 with the 5.7 Vortec motor. It had Rancho RS5000 shocks when I bought it (I know, not my favorite either), other than exhaust and an Airaid kit it is stock. Can anybody point me in the direction of where to start with upgrades. I can't afford a suspension kit right now, but I can do shocks and some other minor tweaks. Also, where is the best way to mount a fuel cell and what kind of pump do people run to prevent fuel starvation in the bump?

Lyrch

Bryan_D

Reaction
When did you get water like that in Tucson?? I live in Phoenix and dont get any water at all. There are some guys on the page from Tucson they might be able to help with people to talk to. Kash and a couple others know there stuff. Good luck though finding a susp. for a 4x4 chevy with any sort of travel. Later on

CanyonMan

Reaction
I was south of Tucson by green Valley actually. There is some state land out there with lot's of trails. I usually go with my buddy and his Blazer 4x4 with a built 327. He kicked my 85 Camaro's ass with it when it was stock. My girlfriend lives in PHX and there is an empty lot by her apartment we goof off in when I'm there. I saw in another post you street race somewhere out there in PHX. Where's the action at? I used to street race when I lived in Sarasota, Florida. Had a 12 second 72 Monrte Carlo. Not the fastest but fun. All we have here in Tucson are neons and Hondas with APEX-R stickers on them. I have found a few fab shops online that can do the work it seems. Blackmarket fabrications has a good kit with coilovers, just expensive.

Lyrch

Bryan_D

Reaction
We race only on certain days due to the import yahoos that took all of our old tracks. They run on the sun valley parkway which is bell road at 330somethings ave. Speedworld is on Grand ave west of town where the shootout will be. Havent raced in acouple years got a ticket for 95 in a 40 at 2am and the cops had guns drawn that was the time for me to exit stage left. 19th and Deer Valley on saturday nights and 35th ave and union hills arethe two meeting spots. They are both Sonics. Later on.

CanyonMan

Reaction
Thanks for the update on the PHX action. Definitely gonna have to check it out. Caught some SCCA road racing here in Tucson Sunday. Been wanting to get involved with that sport too for a while. Now I gotta build a new vehicle. I need cheaper hobbies!! But then what fun is that!

Lyrch