"newbies" to ttspec, chad and paul broughton podium again at BAJA500 in their new BAJALITE-XR....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
after taking the WIN at the san felipe 250 in their first time out in their new bajalite-xr, chad and paul broughton BACK IT UP at the baja 500 with a solid second place finish after the brutal heat caused electrical and fuel gremlins for half the race....they were only bested by the larry conner juggernaut with steven eugenio at the wheel, congrats to them in the mason.......WAY TO GO chad and paul with your blue collar budget team!!!!

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
and they did this with a $160k racetruck, prepped in their garage by them, and one chasetruck (that got taken out early in the week on the mikes road by a dumbass in a prerunner, then we fixed it to use on race day).....pretty good story all around, these guys are LEGIT....

DJ Jeffrey

Reaction
That team is a class act, they have done really well in their first Bajalite, and now the Bajalite XR. Glad to see them kicking ass.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

swiftracing5

Reaction
Was wondering how they did, the truck looked like it had been through battle back in town. Congrats

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Congrats to the TT Spec podium finishers. So here is my question: I keep thinking that in one of these races, a TT Spec will run a perfect race and will finish in the top five overall 4-wheel finishers of a big race. Is this possible? If not, why? is it the HP, the suspension? wheel size? Didn't a TT Spec crack the top ten overall in the last B1K peninsula run?

Jerry

Reaction
Congrats to the TT Spec podium finishers. So here is my question: I keep thinking that in one of these races, a TT Spec will run a perfect race and will finish in the top five overall 4-wheel finishers of a big race. Is this possible? If not, why? is it the HP, the suspension? wheel size? Didn't a TT Spec crack the top ten overall in the last B1K peninsula run?

I think it will soon happen in one of the two trucks referenced above. It's doable for sure.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
That Mason/Team C truck has had some pretty clean runs. It's gonna be a tough feat for a TT spec to crack a Top 5....ever.
top ten easily......but it will take "competition" between trucks in the class to push the winner to charge the entire race like the lead tt's are.....im sure ucheetio could have done it if he was pushing the entire way.....EASILY....

AZ7000'

Reaction
How about Peter and Hans in the Bajalite! First race in Mexico, first time to a Baja race, and first time in the car. These Dakar vets weathered the start delay, the bottle neck, and the heat as everyone did.... They brought a clean car into the finish at about 19 hours with smiles from ear to ear. These two were the only ones in the car the entire time.

Great Job Chad and Paul, got to be up there in season points against some pretty deep pockets, you killed it!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Congrats! We were right behind them until the turn for the summit when we got by them and I think they ended up finishing two cars behind us at the finish line. Truck looked like a buggy with no body left, they must have been wheeling it!

Solid outing for some newbies!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
top ten easily......but it will take "competition" between trucks in the class to push the winner to charge the entire race like the lead tt's are.....im sure ucheetio could have done it if he was pushing the entire way.....EASILY....

They are moving to TT though at the 1000 I believe? With them out of the way it will be really interesting to see if Class 10 beats TT Spec at the 1000. I was surprised more TT Spec's didn't beat the Class 10's at this race, with the log jam they caused that forced the 10's to wait for an hour + as well as the 40 miles of whoops in SF I would have thought way more TT Spec's would have finished ahead of Pat and I but it was still only Team C that beat us.

Almost makes me want to bring up my old thread on this subject....! jajaja jk.

Robert Mason

Reaction
Team C plans to continue to run their Spec truck along with the TT. Top 5 would be tough to do. Like Pete said, it would take more competition between trucks in the class. When you are leading by hours it doesnt make much sense to push hard. Jason Ruane finished 9th overall at the Mint in 2014 in his Mason 6100 with roughly 100 unlimited vehicles entered. Team C has also had finishes right up there at the big events. Sourapas beat up on all but 2 or 3 TTs at the BWDC a couple years back in his Mason 6100 as well. I would say that the biggest factors as to why they cant finish higher in the overalls would be power and starting position. According to several TT drivers that have raced in our 6100 trucks, the course that they race in TT is nothing like the course that they see in 6100.

Pistolet

Reaction
Here's a Start and Finish pic from the Baja 500.... absolutely brutal out there. I just finished telling someone that I've never thought a race was as "rough" as everyone cries about but this years B500 WAS ROUGH AS HELL.

I navigated for Chad last year in his BL in Class 3000 and I nav for him now in his BLXR...

13315351_10209624315865603_9112565809313666013_n.jpg
13310474_10209624315705599_1007340935491173536_n.jpg

07FJRog

Reaction
Congrats.
I had a nice looking body mounted on that truck, lol

Jerry

Reaction
Team C plans to continue to run their Spec truck along with the TT. Top 5 would be tough to do. Like Pete said, it would take more competition between trucks in the class. When you are leading by hours it doesnt make much sense to push hard. Jason Ruane finished 9th overall at the Mint in 2014 in his Mason 6100 with roughly 100 unlimited vehicles entered. Team C has also had finishes right up there at the big events. Sourapas beat up on all but 2 or 3 TTs at the BWDC a couple years back in his Mason 6100 as well. I would say that the biggest factors as to why they cant finish higher in the overalls would be power and starting position. According to several TT drivers that have raced in our 6100 trucks, the course that they race in TT is nothing like the course that they see in 6100.

I'm going to say my earlier post obviously shows my naïveté.

My passengers sometimes get angry at me when I back it down while I'm in the lead. The W is all that matters.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
I'm going to say my earlier post obviously shows my naïveté.

My passengers sometimes get angry at me when I back it down while I'm in the lead. The W is all that matters.
neither of the teams mentioned (to my knowledge runs the more powerful 525hp engine that is legal in ttspec in score either.....with that and ability to qualify and get positions near the leaders would make a significant difference in OA position........