• Forum membership has its advantages....

Newline Prerunners

John Bitting

Administrator
Nestor Berardi of Newline Products formally of Plank Motorsports is building some beautiful prerunners for Scott Steinberger and Ryan Herzog, These are turn key trucks, basically tube chassis Trophy trucks with windshields. We have a full skunkworkz on the trucks, just waiting for a couple of more weeks when all fabwork will be completed to post those, but here is a teaser.

Attachments

Ryno

John-

What kind of pricetag are they looking at? Also, WTF....why does everyone built a F***ed on race day?? (FORD) I want to build a chevy prerunner, and I kinda fell into a 540 ci Chevy motor, and could easily slide it into a truck like that. Problem is finding a transmission to handle the close to 800 ft/lbs @ 3000. Also, the mounts would have to be severely reinforced, since it makes about 1100 hp. =) I was owed some $$$, I got a motor instead.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Klaus

Administrator
John,
I love how you put the pressure on me to post our new skunkworkz.... ;-)

drtdevil93

the reason ford is more common is because ford offers contingency money, chevy doesnt (at all if im not mistaken).

the power is no good if you cant put it to the ground. i dont see a need for much more than 700 hp. any more is just smokin your transmission that much faster.

erik

mgobaja

Most of the trophy trucks are only making between 700 - 800 HP. They seem to go plenty fast and even with that much power they have transmission issues. So why add an extra 400 HP to that and guarantee yourself a transmission problem ?

jeff

Insert OFF-TOPIC harassment here "_____________"

An 1100hp daily driver is a perfect toy. Imagine a prerunner with a simple 2-speed powerglide and an electronically activated overdrive. That should handle the power just fine... for at least an hour or two. Sure you'd only have two real gears but imagine the fun of having 1100hp on tap. I think it'd be sweet to see the "Ryno" truck going 160+ mph somewhere. Throw some slicks on it and take it to the drags... spank the Viper, C5, 911, or Honda owner that thinks he's a badass... a set of DOT approved wrinkle walls and it'd be the perfect grocery getter.

A guy I do some work for has a mid 50's Chevy wagon with 1200hp. It'll wheel stand 2-3' high leaving a stop sign and is so much fun it's probably illegal. Gas mileage sucks and it's a cop magnet. But isn't this all about having fun. If it ain't fun why do it.

Speaking of gas mileage... Ryno, you'd need an in-flight re-fueling system to run that monster. I can see it now... a fixed wing support vehicle. Is "in motion" refueling allowed in any series of motorsports?

Aloha

Ryno

Now that my stomach is killin me from laughing so much...=) You are all right, and I know I can build a Small Block that would do just fine with around 500 hp. I was just dreaming!! Jeff, you should really do stand up comedy. A big set of Mickey wrinkle walls would fit perfect under glass bedsides though =) I don't know if a cessna would be able to carry the fuel, but you would need a extension hose, so that when you're doing 80 through the whoops, the refueling hose doesn't come released from the truck, and lead to a nice bonfire. Could you bring the marshmallows Jeffy?

Ryno

PS-Somebody needs to build a Big Horn I could mount to the front for my "Ryno" truck...LMAO

Why would you want to put a 1000 HP prerunner, its pointless.

Matt Scaroni
Excursion 4111
Protruck 296 at Laughlin

V8Ranger

There's nothing wrong with a 1000 HP pre-runner assuming you can get the power to the ground. How about a 4wd 1000 HP prerunner? Now were talking!

jeff

Isn't a 700HP prerunner pointless? Or how about 600HP? 500? 400? 300? 200? Come to think of it, isn't a stock 45HP VW engine sufficient for prerunning? And those Diesel guys with their monster motors... what are they thinking? :) Come to think of it... 850 foot pounds of torque is pretty outrageous... and that 7.3 you've got under the hood is probably making more than that by now :) Just kidding Matt, but your Excursion ain't motivated with a wimpy powerplant by any means. Did anyone tell you running a Diesel powered Excursion was pointless at any time during your buildup? I'm sure plenty of people said that there was no way a porker Diesel SUV could be made to go fast off-road. I'd love to go back to the days of Mickey Thompson and his CRAZY powerful desert toys.

I doubt Ryno is really going to build an 1100HP prerunner... but if he does I want a ride. And torque kills parts faster than HP does. Ryno needs to buy that burned out chassis that has been going round and round in the classifieds, slap the motor between the tubes and go for it.

Aloha

Ryno

Jeff-

1100 hp in a prerunner would be insane. If Hersbt has transmission problems now, think of mine!! Actually I was at dinner last night with a pro stock guy, and he might buy it for one of his drag cars. Anyhoos, I need the $$$ from the motor to give to you for one of those spiffy lifts!! =)

Ryan

Jimmy8

Ryno, you were talking about chevy pre runners, there was a post a while back, cant remember the name, but it had some pic's of a silver chevy suburban pre runner that were taken at a show. suposedly the owner is going to run it in tt at several races. Martyn Atkins also has a nice blazer pre runner he ran at the baja 500 in TT last yearand was also in off road magazine a while back. maybe someone can help him out with some pics of those.

PMC Racing

Ryno

Jimmy-

I'm just very partial to chevy, and frame wise, it's really all the same, just a different motor. Other than that, everything is pretty much the same. I was on Raglands page this morning, and got new wallpaper. =) I really like his Silverado prerunner. I just wish GM would support things more, since Ford is making things very one sided.

Ryno

DPpatrol

Speaking of lack of chevys, what about dodge? Now I don't care too much for dodge trucks, in fact I don't like them at all, but nothing is cooler than a hemi. Now a hemi prerunner, that'd be cool.

jason

I got no problem with a thousand hp race truck. when you build a prerunner you get ot figure that you really dont want your crews running race gas all over mexico because you cant run the pemex even if you had to. my excursion is a race truck, not a prerunner. the 500 horsepower and 1000 lb/ft of torque is cool but you still have to bullet proof everything to get it to last...........

Matt Scaroni
Excursion 4111
Protruck 296 at Laughlin

Jimmy8

Well, I am pretty partial to Fords, considering it has been the family business since 1916. Needless to say I pretty much bleed Ford Blue, but that doesnt mean I dont respect a nice chevy when I see it, but Dodge, never.

PMC Racing