• Forum membership has its advantages....

Newline Prerunners

scott

I agree with you Jeff. Why do you need all that HP for pre-running. Your not racing !!!!!!

jeff

I'm not advocating a 1100HP prerunner. I think it'd be the stupidist thing ever, but I also feel 650HP in a prerunner is stupid too... but if I had the $$$ you can bet your arse I'd have a gadzooks powered prerunner. When it broke down I'd just call my crew and have them send in the Helo... or have them air drop another so I could keep on goin... always travel with spares!

My posts were all in good humor... hopefully all your replies are too. I can fix a blown engine... but I can't fix your blown sense of humor. :)

Aloha

pciscott

The problem with Chevy motors is the Distributor is in the back of the motor, where a Ford has the distributor mounted up front. When pushing a motor back to make a bitchin prerunner this becomes a problem, removing the motor or dash to change a distributor drive gear is way to much work. Newline is doing a beautiful job on these trucks, we hope to have mine done for San Felipe.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

ntsqd

Ryno, just take a page from the Pro Stock drag racers on the trans issue. Run a Lenco. They'll take far more than 1100 HP, so the life expectancy should be reasonable. How many gears you get depends on room to stack on another module. Operates the same as running a manual valve body in a 'normal' auto trans, just shifts differently. Heck, with the CO2 shifting used in dragsters you could have sequential paddle shifting right on the steering wheel. Trans fluid cooling would be a small issue, but it is solveable.

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee

jeff

Chevy distributor & pushed back motor = problem
distributorless / crank fired ignition = solution

I do agree the Ford layout is easier to work with if all things are equal.

Aloha

V8Ranger

Do you know where I can find more info on the lenco trannies? I've heard about them before but I have never been able to find much information about them. Thanks.

John Bitting

Administrator
We really need to keep with the Theme of the threads, If you want to change the subject then start a new thread. This is happening on most threads these days. Instead of going way off topic its just as easy to start a new one. This will play hell with people in the future when they are looking for past info and a certain comment on a tire is under the "kitty litter" thread. Thanks in advance. Nestor has some beautiful creations that we posted looking for feedback to see if people wanted a full skunk of it. So far my guess is no, people want to see 7000 Horsepower motors in prerunners getting refuieled by jets. C'mon people...

BradM

I thought that post was a promise of more to come. I didn't realize you were looking for requests. I appreciate any and all skunkz. Prerunners, race trucks, anything but 9 cars. LOL!

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

John Bitting

Administrator
Brad its not just requests I was looking for, Just any type of feedback. It was a look at whats to come, but start poking around the threads and you will see that the title of the thread does not match where the thread went too. Not that its always bad but people usually ask questions and want answers then when it goes into a different direction nothing gets answered..

BradM

John, I know what you mean. For a couple of days I didn't even open that thread. I didn't realize that Plank Motorsports had changed the name to Newline and I guess I assumed that Newline Prerunners was some kind of new club. Cool pics though. More. More. More. - Please

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

Ryno

John-

I am to blame for the inflight refueling of my imaginary truck =) I also feel sorry for anyone who can't handle a little humor, the post was made in jest, and in dreamy land. Anyone with over 500hp, in a lightweight (3000lbs) preruuner, is asking for trouble, after you get through destroying your drivetrain. =) Thanks for the humor Jeff.

As far as chevy motors, I could go on all day, I'll make this short. You can buy parts for a chevy 350 just about anywhere. I think they even sell them @ 7 eleven in certain podunk areas. When Ford builds 1/2 as many of any one motor, as chevy has made of the 350, talk to me. Until then, Ford makes one thing really well.....BOAT ANCHORS. =)

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Greg

This last sunday I got a chance to drive a 500+hp, sub-3000lb off-road car. It was only on the pavement but, woo-hoo, it was still fun.

Greg

Brutpwr

I have 450 HP in my full size and I'd love to have double that amount but 100-200 more is more reasonable.

Jason :)

Tim_Price

John,

Speaking of gorgeous Newline prerunners, too bad a feature wasn't done on street-going Tundra prerunner Newline built for Dana Nicholson, owner of Fleshwound Films. I saw it at Primm a few years back and it's gorgeous...and a lot closer to being affordable. I mean, I love the ultimate prerunners but a prerunner like that Tundra could actually fit in my dreams!

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
Tim_Price said:
John,

Speaking of gorgeous Newline prerunners, too bad a feature wasn't done on street-going Tundra prerunner Newline built for Dana Nicholson, owner of Fleshwound Films. I saw it at Primm a few years back and it's gorgeous...and a lot closer to being affordable. I mean, I love the ultimate prerunners but a prerunner like that Tundra could actually fit in my dreams!
That thing rolled up on me on my way to work one day, very sexy, work didn't suck so much that day.

ntsqd

jeff said:
Chevy distributor & pushed back motor = problem
distributorless / crank fired ignition = solution

I do agree the Ford layout is easier to work with if all things are equal.

Aloha
And back to the deviation at hand, There is a kit front timing cover made for Chebby's that moves the dizzy to the front. Helps keep the silly spur gear oil pump in those from causing spark scatter.
And 4 years later I'm still wondering why a Lenco couldn't be used in the desert.