• Forum membership has its advantages....

News

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
If you are in the San Diego area and can get to a tv around 5pm today then watch channel 10. There is supose to be something about plants and the dunes... hhhhmmmm wonder what that could be??

Tony

Paige

Tony ~ what was it? Did you watch? Was this the thing with that Karen Suckling person from the CBD - she is supposed to be out here - Sunday I think ?!?

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Sorry Paige, I don't know just heard it on the radio that it was going to be on. Something about dunes and plants. I work so I don't get to watch the news much at 5pm like those unemployed eco nuts!!!

Tony

martininsocal

paige-it could be the great news that the judge who issued the orders for the settlement of the cbd lawsuit has defined his statements better. one of the outcomes of this was that any temporary closures due to "emergencies" were unwarranted. the judge ruled that his decission did not give the blm the right to act outside their own ploicies and bypass the rules that govern studies and closures. he basically told them and the cbd that his order does not declare an emergency and the blm must follow their own policy regarding a study and public input period before any decissions could be made regarding closures. the dunes should be reopened now...if not already. this has been verified by ed waldheim from corva. good work to the folks fighting this! martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

Apparently it was just sound bites from both sides, but part 2 is at 11:00pm tonight for anyone in the area.

You can watch it at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/>http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/</A>

You can also read up on it on that web-page as well

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Paige on 05/04/01 08:24 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Rodney

I watched the channel 10 report on the dunes at 11:00. Suprisingly, they showed us in a favorable light.
They didn't give much info on the milkfetch plant...they just had a CBD guy on for a few seconds saying
we still had plenty left to ride on. They had Roy Denner on for quite a while..as usual, he made us
look good. Unfortuately, they showed some of the idiots at the hill and the drags. Overall, I was
impressed! The media usually make us out to be much worse.

Winning IS everything