Next Evan Evan of the sport

AllenBrotherRacing

Reaction
SAN BERNARDINO, California — SoCal SuperTrucks, the premier automotive and UTV aftermarket/ fabrication shop in Southern California, is pleased to announce they will contest the remainder of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series, in the Super Lite class, with Ricky James as their driver.

Ricky James was well on his way to fulfilling a childhood dream of becoming a Supercross champion, when life took a drastic turn. At just 16 years old, he was injured in a Motocross accident at one of the largest Amateur National races in the country. The blow to his T7 vertebrae left him paralyzed from his sternum down. Today at 20, he’s deftly navigating the new terrain of his life.

Since the accident, Ricky has accomplished more than most able-bodied individuals will do a lifetime. In 2007 he competed in the SCORE International Baja 500 in Ensenada Mexico. In 2008, he earned a Silver Medal at X Games 14 and won the West Coast Pro Truck series Championship. To top it off, Ricky competed in the 2008 Ironman World Triathlon Championship in Kona, HI., where he was documented by NBC Sports and completed in 12 hours and 44 minutes in his first attempt. A month later, he won the Overall Half Ironman World Championship in Clearwater, FL.

“Bill and Casey at SoCal SuperTrucks have been supporting my oval racing efforts since I started and I can’t wait to combine my experience of 2-wheel dirt and 4-wheel asphalt into one discipline” said Ricky James.

Casey Coughlin, Co-owner of SoCal SuperTrucks added “Bill and I are excited to throw our hats in the ring of off road, short course racing”. We have worked with several drivers over the years, but this is the first time we are doing it on our own and feel confident that Ricky will be equally as successful in this new venture.”

SoCal SuperTrucks will premier their new “Super Lite” truck at the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series on June 27th and 28th at the Lake Elsinore Motorsports Complex.

About SoCal SuperTrucks

SoCal SuperTrucks caters to the customer who demands the best products and services available for their vehicles. SoCal SuperTrucks carries the finest products for your vehicle, including CST Performance Suspension, Total Chaos, Fox Racing Shocks, Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Toyo Tires, BFGoodrich, Walker Evans and KMC Wheels. Whether it’s a complete suspension build up for your pre-runner truck, modifications to your UTV, wheels & tires for your ride, or merely advice on what tire might work best for your driving style, the team at SoCal SuperTrucks has the knowledge and expertise to satisfy all your custom truck, UTV and auto needs.

For more information, please check out http://www.socalsupertrucks.com or visit us at:

774 South E. Street San Bernardino, CA 92408

For media and sponsorship inquiries, please contact SoCalSuperTrucks@NXTagency.com

See also
[ News Index ]

Article posted by RacingWest.com staff on June 04, 2009. http://www.racingwest.com

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
That is awesome. Big congrats to Ricky James....Good luck and way to step up SoCal Super Trucks

Robby Woods

Reaction
SAN BERNARDINO, California — SoCal SuperTrucks, the premier automotive and UTV aftermarket/ fabrication shop in Southern California, is pleased to announce they will contest the remainder of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series, in the Super Lite class, with Ricky James as their driver.

Ricky James was well on his way to fulfilling a childhood dream of becoming a Supercross champion, when life took a drastic turn. At just 16 years old, he was injured in a Motocross accident at one of the largest Amateur National races in the country. The blow to his T7 vertebrae left him paralyzed from his sternum down. Today at 20, he’s deftly navigating the new terrain of his life.

Since the accident, Ricky has accomplished more than most able-bodied individuals will do a lifetime. In 2007 he competed in the SCORE International Baja 500 in Ensenada Mexico. In 2008, he earned a Silver Medal at X Games 14 and won the West Coast Pro Truck series Championship. To top it off, Ricky competed in the 2008 Ironman World Triathlon Championship in Kona, HI., where he was documented by NBC Sports and completed in 12 hours and 44 minutes in his first attempt. A month later, he won the Overall Half Ironman World Championship in Clearwater, FL.

“Bill and Casey at SoCal SuperTrucks have been supporting my oval racing efforts since I started and I can’t wait to combine my experience of 2-wheel dirt and 4-wheel asphalt into one discipline” said Ricky James.

Casey Coughlin, Co-owner of SoCal SuperTrucks added “Bill and I are excited to throw our hats in the ring of off road, short course racing”. We have worked with several drivers over the years, but this is the first time we are doing it on our own and feel confident that Ricky will be equally as successful in this new venture.”

SoCal SuperTrucks will premier their new “Super Lite” truck at the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series on June 27th and 28th at the Lake Elsinore Motorsports Complex.

About SoCal SuperTrucks

SoCal SuperTrucks caters to the customer who demands the best products and services available for their vehicles. SoCal SuperTrucks carries the finest products for your vehicle, including CST Performance Suspension, Total Chaos, Fox Racing Shocks, Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Toyo Tires, BFGoodrich, Walker Evans and KMC Wheels. Whether it’s a complete suspension build up for your pre-runner truck, modifications to your UTV, wheels & tires for your ride, or merely advice on what tire might work best for your driving style, the team at SoCal SuperTrucks has the knowledge and expertise to satisfy all your custom truck, UTV and auto needs.

For more information, please check out http://www.socalsupertrucks.com or visit us at:

774 South E. Street San Bernardino, CA 92408

For media and sponsorship inquiries, please contact SoCalSuperTrucks@NXTagency.com

See also
[ News Index ]

Article posted by RacingWest.com staff on June 04, 2009. http://www.racingwest.com
Can I get a Hellllllll Yeahhh !!!This kid is awesome I cant wait to meet him at the next round. People that don't give up kick ass, take notes whiny people on race dezert! With a name like Ricky James he will be a hit!

AllenBrotherRacing

Reaction
Hell Yeah never give up is the way to go That how you should live you life.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
thats way cool for Ricky.I wish him the best.

824 Dad

Reaction
Thankx guys, Ricky is really looking forward to this. Short course racing was something he wanted to do since day one of his injury, I just couldn't do it on my own.

We owe a huge thanks to Bill and Casey at SoCal Supertrucks for believing in Ricky and providing him with his new ride. What's really cool also is Ricky was born (actually Corona) and raised in Lake Elsinore and that will be the site of his first short course race!! he only lives a few miles from the track.

Ricky needs sometime on the track before we'll know if he can be compared to Evan, he's done some great things in off road.

there are some good videos of Ricky on his site http://www.rickyjames824.com under the media section.

824 dad

JSPEST

Reaction
Awesome! My son tyler will be your biggest fan out there! He's in a chair too and loves to root on evan...now he will have another buddie in a chair at the track...see ya at elsinore...

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
We met Rick, Ricky, Bill and Casey last week in Reno, great group of guys.

We’ve met and worked with plenty of racers and have respect for all of them (well, most of them anyway!), but seeing Ricky and what he’s done and about to do is impressive to say the least.

I’d have to say these guys are going to get some attention and probably would give a good return for sponsorship dollars.