Next level of TT & class 1 inovation.

mcornwell

Reaction
Hello,

I've been doing models on my spare time. I believe that there is a new innovation for TT and class 1 on the horizon.

Models show that front shocks can generate near one kw of electricity per bump. Efficiency can be further developed with heat regeneration.
The models also show that this can provide 200HP additional power.

The power can be used for full torque or to save your engine in the 37 mph zones.

I think it can be done for 5 million dollars, with full patent rights to the owner.

Msg me if your interested and i'll give a much more in depth sales pitch.

Last edited:

Bricoop

Reaction
I'm a huge proponent of hybrid race vehicles. Using shocks to generate power is a very interesting idea. Coupled with regenerative braking could make a pretty impressive recovery system. I'd be very curious in the system you modeled. Not because I have $5mm to spare, just because I think these systems would be cool and I'm interested in how you envisioning it to work. I could see shock tuning being a challenge depending on how the system is designed.

When you say 1kw, do you mean 1kwh? I believe kw is a rate, similar to MPG, and kwh is total amount of energy, like gallons of fuel. 1kwh does seem too high based on my back of the napkin math.

Formula1 has some exceptional data on energy recovery, storage, and deployment. I believe a hybrid-turbo will be the next big leap after the 4x4 is figured out.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Hey Matt, an interesting topic. I would love to discuss this further with you.
I have long had these ideas and I am curious as to what ideas you may have come up with.

I foresee all shocks being plumbed into one reservoir system that would have a heat exchanger to rid the oil of heat. Nearly every TT has 8 shock reservoirs and some even have more with the shock coolers. I've heard the central shock oil reservoir system has been tried but I don't know who had.

There is most certainly room for innovation and I'd like to find where.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Great another 1000lbs of shizt to go wrong, welcome to the 0.160 wall 2.250 diameter tubing class.