Nextel Phones

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
This is really pretty random...... but, does anybody that has a Nextel Phone notice that when you are working at a computer or standing close to a speaker, when the phone rings, the computer screen gets fuzzy and the speakers make a loud buzzing sound? I use to have a Sprint phone and it never happened but as soon as I got a Nextel weird stuff started happening. I don't think I'm crazy as my friends have witnessed it. Any guesses as to why this happens, cause its kind of annoying?!

See ya in the dirt!

RacerX

Reaction
Mine does the same thing. When it sits next to my computer screen or by a radio, I can always see or hear the interferance before the phone rings.

tkr

Reaction
Its not just Nextel. I have a Nokia phone with AT&T and it does the same thing.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Same thing here, I found out that all cell phones get a signal boost when receiving a call. this way when you pick it up you have a couple seconds to say "Hey call me back on my hous____" right before you lose signal (At least my piece of crap Nokia does) I'm looking into sat phones next, I don't use my cell phone that much and the price is dropping like a rock on them, from what I've heard.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Electromagnetic radiation. put a magnet buy your screen and see if it does the same thing.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Don't put a magnet near your monitor or near your phone. Thats a good way to scramble delicate electronics. Kinda like an EM pulse from a nuclear blast. The only equipment imune to this is military hardware that is EM hardend.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Its essentially doing the same thing when the phone rings

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

dezertchick

Reaction
A cell phone is using radio waves, it can effect your tv, stero, computer etc...not a big deal, move away from it and it should go away. Not just Nextel but any cell phone. I used to work for Nextel and learned more than I ever wanted to know about cell phones, cell sites and how the system works.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
My Nextel makes the stereo in my truck flip out right before it rings.

<font color=red>"Quality has no fear of time"</font color=red>

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
You guys keep saying that anyphone does it but my old Sprint phone never did it and neither does my friends AT&T. Do any of your non Nextel phones do this?

See ya in the dirt!

tkr

Reaction
yup, like I said, I have a Nokia with AT&T and it does it. And not just when it rings. When my cd player is on in my truck, I can hear a "pop" every couple of minutes. If I turn my phone off, it goes away.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

mxjeremy

Reaction
My sprint phone never does any of these things. I have the Sanyo 4500 w/ built in speaker phone. I used to put my phone right under my monitor, and it would ring without messing anything up.
late.

Oh yeah, the cool way to say EM Hardened when talking about circuit boards is "RAD HARD", it stands for Radiation Hardened. And it's not just military, but space applications also.