NHRA Winternationals

Tony_Barraza

Before leaving for Parker, I made the trip to Pomona to do some business at the NHRA's opening event.

I spent all day Thursday at the drags and had a great time. Had the chance to hang with my bro EJ Veenstra (pictured) and watched as he and his teammates prepped the Snake's "Green" Skoal F/C to a 4.78 e.t. qualifying effort.

Wish I could have stayed for the entire event, but the desert was calling.

Did anyone else make it to the drags?

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
T-

You do the lay out on that car as well or just trying to start?

See ya in the dirt!

Tony_Barraza

Trav-

Although I did not design that paint scheme, I am encouraged by the promise of design projects to come from the drag racing community in the near future.

If you are not familiar with my background, I worked at NHRA corporate headquarters for 7 years. Starting with National DRAGSTER magazine, then later promoted into the Corporate Design Dept. I established some great relationships with race teams, marketing/promotional people, not to mention people still working with the NHRA. So...I am simply building on my previous connection to the 1/4 mile industry.

Below is a paint scheme I did years ago for a Super Comp Class competitor.

Thanks for your interest Trav. You're a great bro!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

klaus

Administrator
Note the handheld starter in front of the blower on the engine picture....

Tony_Barraza

Trey-

Without a doubt brother!

Whether blastin' through the desert kickin' up rocks at 100+ mph, or nitro fumes at 300+ mph...it's all good!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

DVMchase

I made it Tony, I work for goodyear race tires i had a blast getting paid to have fun.

There's no substitute for horsepower!!

Tony_Barraza

Joe-

You ROCK buddy! Gettin' paid to be at the races!

I'm sure you weren't just takin' it easy though. I know how hard you guys work all event weekend.

If you ever want to talk off road racing while at the drags, just find my buddy EJ. He has helped desert teams like Larry Minor, Dave Shoppe, Taylor's, Jimmy Smith and even the Herbst's before he got the job on Snake's team.

Do you do the entire drag circuit?

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

DVMchase

Alright Tony will do. Yeah on thursday and friday we worked hard we sold 157 Fuel and funny car tires. No not the hole circuit just the west coast cause we do all the nascar races from Kansas west.

There's no substitute for horsepower!!