Nissan cage progress

Crashbig

Reaction
Heres a few pics of my cage in process.

bajakirby23

Reaction
nice cage crash how did you tie the cage to the fram i need to see for my nismo thanks

Crashbig

Reaction
Came right of the frame horns, replaced the rubber mounts with tubing, plated on top of the tubing, sandwhiched the cab with plate on the top, bolts at the corners of the plate and one right thru the center where the factory bolt was, there will also be a few other spots where it ties into the frame but still deciding where I want them. 1.5 120. wall to if anyone was wondering.
Pic of Bottom Plate
Lates Pete

Crashbig

Reaction
And yeah the center bolt will be replaced with grade 8
If any one has any suggestions I'm all for it the cage is no where near completion (sp) and now would be the time for them Thanks.
Lates Pete

homey

Reaction
One safety concern I had was the 2 bars behind the bucket seats that are straight up and down could be VERY dangerous! If those bars break in a roll over they would likely go right through you!

Kbach66

Reaction
I'd also be a little concerned about head clearance on those downtubes behind the driver/passenger.....especially with a helmet on. Otherwise, it looks good.

Crashbig

Reaction
Yeah checked the head clearance with a helmet on and its 3-4 inches all the way around and I believe score wants 3 inches of clearance. On those down tubes, how about putting some 1.5 in the corners to help distribuet the load in event of roll over. something like this.

DesertCreations

Reaction
Now your getting a little out of control. That would be a lot of tunbing in one area. maybe move the tubes so they go from the top center of the hoop hoop to the bottom of the main hoop. But otherwise not bad.

homey

Reaction
You definitely DON'T want to put any bars pointing at your head like that! Again, if they shear off then they go straight for you! When you build the cage just think about what can happen with the tubes in a worst case scenario...where are the tubes going to go?

WFODAN

Reaction
Myself I would take out the two bars and replace them with one bar in the center , meeting your center roof bar . Then off the bottom I would run an inverted "V" that meets the bottom of that tube and goes down to the frame . Otherwise those two tubes are useless in a rollover . They don't go to anything .Just my .02 cents .

Crashbig

Reaction
Ok I think Dans idea wins then, the tubes as of now have tubes under them at 45's down to the plates in the floor which go to the frame. So something like this then. How it is now #1 Dans idea #2

Thanks guys for the input I've been going off how my friends trucks are done but I wanted some other opinions, would rather do it right once then find out the hard way.

Lates Pete

WFODAN

Reaction
Brandon hit it on the head . You don't really want to have a two or three inch space between where your tubes meet . I noticed you did the same thing on the roof bars . Just something to think about .

Crashbig

Reaction
Looking at the truck today, removing those bars helps eliminate (sp) another problem, there right in the way where the belts would hook up to the rear bar. So tomorrow out they go, man I wish I had A/C in the garage

ntsqd

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
And yeah the center bolt will be replaced with grade 8

[/ QUOTE ]

What's in there now ? If it's 9.8 metric or better I wouldn't bother.

Look for places to tie the cage to the cab, and do it.

Crashbig

Reaction
No its just a cheapy from Home depot to get the holes lined up, and yeah it will be tied into the frame at four more points in the cab.