• Forum membership has its advantages....

Nissan Class 1

SLR

Lamount and Folk got there hands full!!!!!!!!! Sweet buy dood.

Built in 1991??? Ran 120miles @ best with Factory budget. Vessels @ the wheel. My old buddy JFK in co dawg (John Kennedy) Stills builds in the high dez. Great times when I was young...LOL. Jim Russel @ Desert Steel Head of program. Maybe Trevor Harris @ electromotive @ the CAD??? Or T-MAGG???
I have some old 1 off parts from this truck. All .090 4130 and some.060 HT. 7 Different CV shafts 1 threw the cell!!!!! Broke every axles including –MERAGING- (SP) DG???

Some kid in Havasu has the molds to this body...

Lets here some stories and race info on this truck. It had influence on Factory $ if I remember and was supposed to take the Iron Man down??? JK IVAN... Pulled the plug in 1993??? And truck went on tour and was parked in COMPTON since. LOL

Lamount wants to "Tweak" on the truck and see if he can rack some miles on this sleeping beauty!!!

http://www.prospectator.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?cmd=show_thumbs&path=Georges Nissan&tn=1

dave

Yep the T-Mag built and ( John Dunne desinged the chassis )( I believe ? ) class 1 NISSAN mid-engine 4 wheel independent suspension and all wheel drive! I wish they never pulled the plug on this truck and it had a REAL chance to prove it's self .
Are they going to run it the same way or what ? whats the plans on this truck ?
If I remember back when it ran it was having bump stop issues or something along those lines ?

Can't wait to see this one back out running , better then just sitting and rusting away !

DB

mexracer10

that thing is awsome its like nissian was going to give toyota and stewert a run for thier money. Makes you wonder how many bad ***** race cars are rusting away in garages......

SLR

Tell me more about John Dunne??? Never heard of him.

To my knowledge, the most miles the truck ran was 120-160 miles. I think it had too much torque and was breaking axles. Went threw 10 plus axles. I also have some billet cases from this truck with a bunch of strait cut gears.

I do have a broken rear upright from this truck when scoop hit a rock in Mex??? I think. Folded upright and sheared the track bar mount.

King is now out of kusters seals and many other parts need to be maintained. EVERY 100 miles...LOL

RESTORE the truck, NOT Resurrect it….

SLR

Found a photo on my site @ the Mint. The year it ran they did a profile on the truck. If anybody has it, I would pay for a copy. ESPN

Thanks,

SLR

Attachments

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Damn, that ***** had double coilovers with double bypasses. To think that Kusters were once the most badass shock ever created! That not withstanding, the truck looked pretty mean, too bad the axles couldn't keep up with the rest of the truck.

dave

All I know or remember was I think John worked for Bill back then and did his cad design work?
I know Bill has pictures of it framed hanging on the wall at his shop , along with the class 4 Nissan he did... and a few other cars.
As for it's history in racing ? It was short VERY short . It raced or I should say it's first race was the Nevada 500 and I think it only made it to RM 26 or something like that? Not sure of it's full history of racing , other then it didn't do very well , and it didn't get the back to fix the problems be forwe the program was canned... or something along those lines.... I do like the truck and I hope it comes back in the Nissan colors that would be sweet.. I know mine will be dressed in Red , white and Blue when it's done. :- )

DB

dave

Big Hock said:
Damn, that ***** had double coilovers with double bypasses. To think that Kusters were once the most badass shock ever created! That not withstanding, the truck looked pretty mean, too bad the axles couldn't keep up with the rest of the truck.

The shocks that are on it now aren't the shocks that it once raced with . It raced with a single coilover Kuster on each corner. The trucks travel was around 20inches at each corner .

DB

Bryan_D

That truck is just BAD.. Hey SLR are you gonna do the full resurection of the truck? I still think that there should be a retro class where old trucks can be redone and run if nothing other that a parade race at Laughlin or Parker.

Marty Fiolka

The truck you guys are talking about still lives in So Cal at Nissan's private museum. We are going to shoot it for DIRTsports before it leaves (I assume) to new new Nissan headquarters in Tennesse.

Saw the truck about four years ago...incredible. I don't know if you mentioned it yet, but Mark McMillin was one of the drivers of that truck as well..

Marty

SLR

dirtsports said:
The truck you guys are talking about still lives in So Cal at Nissan's private museum. We are going to shoot it for DIRTsports before it leaves (I assume) to new new Nissan headquarters in Tennesse.

Saw the truck about four years ago...incredible. I don't know if you mentioned it yet, but Mark McMillin was one of the drivers of that truck as well..

Marty
Well the truck is NOW GONE......... I would hurry before this guy try’s to turn this truck into a race truck. That’s why I said RESTORE, NOT RESURRECT. This truck is a museum piece and part of Nissan racing history. It would take a huge budget to fix the problems and turn laps with the truck now of days.... Don't get me wrong, this truck is way ahead of its time. But belongs in the past.... IMO

Bryan, I have noting to do with this truck unless it involves five figures... LOL

Mark McMillin??? Had NO CLUE. I think its time for a Real Deal Kash to chime in and clear up this thread.....

Lance T

dave said:
All I know or remember was I think John worked for Bill back then and did his cad design work?
I know Bill has pictures of it framed hanging on the wall at his shop , along with the class 4 Nissan he did... and a few other cars.
The class 4 that Jack Johnson drove? That 4 truck is one of my favorite Nissans ever...along with the Foes built 7 on these cards.

These cards from another thread show in '92 the class 1 got 3 DNF's. The cards show Frank Vessels as the driver.
<<<THREAD>>>

Attachments

9rocky

I talked to John Kennedy earlier (he built the 1600 we race, see avatar), and he said that when one axle would break, the torque would transfer to the others and break them all. Maybe he will chime in later, I am sure he lots of stories about this truck.

Mark Newhan

Mark McMillin never drove the mid engine truck. He drove the "Class 4" truck in class one. When Scoop left Nelson & Nelson after the 1990 series it was to drive the new Nissan. That truck did not race many events and did not ever get a chance to show any potential. It is very light, thus prone to breaking. The front did not have limit straps, it had an adjustable top out stop. The stop failed the first race and then had CV problems. If I remember correctly it was the first truck to run the 37x12.50x17.

Did someone buy the truck?

RacerX

George LaMonte and associates out of Velencia bought the truck. It is going to be cleaned up and restored to working order to race. Nothing is going to be changed on it. It will be ran and tested to try and fix the problems that occured with it in the past. The link posted is the actual pictures at his shop now. Does anyone have any idea of any prints of the truck, fuel cell is missing, and the fuel cell was designed around the driveline.

Lance T

Bryan_D said:
The 1 truck was unreal, but I remember being around class 4 when the jack johnson truck came out and the stink it caused.
Not trying to hijack the thread but anyone know what happened to the Class 4 truck?

Mark Newhan

The Class 4 truck is most likely the truck that Dirtsports referred to. As for the museum, dont know, Try Google?