Nissan hardbody leaf spring suggestions

NoForAnAnswer

Reaction
So, my truck is a 1990 2wd Nissan hardbody and I'm looking to replace the leaf springs with something better. Throughout my searches, I can find an abundance of information on how to lower my truck and very little in the way of modification for more wheel travel. Now I do realize the limitations of my particular platform but I was hoping I could get some guidance as to where to start. As it is right now, I ditched the stock rear end for a Dana 44 out of a Honda passport, and my suspension consists of my stock old ass spring pack with an add a leaf and a 5" fabtech shackle.

I researched building a bastard pack, which would be easy as I work at a wrecking yard and have access to a plethora of leaf springs to choose from for real cheap. But my findings were largely dedicated to lift and less on flex.

Any ideas? Deavers would be nice but they're out of my price range for now.

Reaction
Longer springs ride better and offer travel. What about something like a 88-98 Chevy half ton spring?

Probably longer than Nissan springs.

NoForAnAnswer

Reaction
20171219_154540.jpg

This is what I'm working with. I've thought long and hard about a Chevy 63 swap. But I don't know how much ride height would be effected. And even the prerunner builds I have seen for these trucks, no one has addressed the rear suspension.

I suppose I could be a guinea pig for a leaf spring swap.

Also in my searches, I heard that you can send deavers your main leaf and they could build a pack for it. Is that right?

TRichards

Reaction
PM Palapaboy. He has a bunch of Nissans both desert and short course. He can probably point you in the right direction.