Nissan????

sirhk100

Hey outta curiosity is anyone currently racing Nissan trucks in any classes? Also who used to race Nissan? Mears? Any pictures of current or old Nissan desert trucks would be cool. We're just talking about it at work and no one can even think of anyone out there that is running them currently.

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Matt from Total Chaos has the black Nissan he used to race.....Class 1200 I believe?

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Javier Sacio used to race a pretty trick Nissan in 7s (I think) under the old Andataco team. It is currently for sale at Baja Brokers.

See ya in the dirt!

michael_loomis

art schmidt races a frontier in CORR.

jim conner racing had an entire fleet of trucks. atleast i think it was jims team ?

ACID_RAIN28

one of Mears Nissan's had a tag of about 1.5 on it back when she was fresh! WOW

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

dave

Are you saying 1.5 mil ?
If so I think you might be thinking of the Nissan that Bill Savage from T-Mag built ? That one was a nice
truck. That one could of had a price tag that high. It was a mid engine and all wheel drive ( class 1 back then ). It was almost Like Ivans truck. It only ran a few times, then i think Nissan pulled the plug.
Scoop was the driver . I have pictures of it I'll post them later . But I could be wrong .

ACID_RAIN28

yeah that was it. Off road said it had a tag to the tune of 1.5 million. I stand corrected on the owner/driver, i though it was mears.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

Crashbig

Yeah any pictures would be great as I'm in the process of building my nissan, and I always need ideas.

The higher you jump the harder you crash so crashbig

toddz

Are you saying 1.5 mil ?
If so I think you might be thinking of the Nissan that Bill Savage from T-Mag built ? That one was a nice
truck. That one could of had a price tag that high. It was a mid engine and all wheel drive ( class 1 back then ). It was almost Like Ivans truck. It only ran a few times, then i think Nissan pulled the plug.
Scoop was the driver . I have pictures of it I'll post them later . But I could be wrong .

Jack Johnson was the driver of that truck for most of its short life. It originally ran in Class 4, but was outlawed as being too exotic(spanked Rod Hall's Dodge when it didn't have problems). Jack did a spectactular endo/rollover with it right in front of us at the Graham Wells pit at Parker in '90. My buddy got a piece of a rear bedside that he kept for a long time. I have no idea whatever happened to it.

Todd Z.

dave

Wrong truck !
You are right about the class 4 truck that was ALSO built by T-MAG the Truck I think we are talking is
the Class one truck, that was also built by Bill from T-Mag...Here's a picture of the class 4.

Attachments

michael_loomis

gosh , how old is that pic ? i didnt realize BFG projects had been out that long ?

1.5 million !!! i dont see it :~)

toddz

Wrong truck !
You are right about the class 4 truck that was ALSO built by T-MAG the Truck I think we are talking is
the Class one truck, that was also built by Bill from T-Mag...Here's a picture of the class 4.

Ah, OK, that one! And you had scans of the article that I remember showcasing it as well(in Four Wheeler magazine). I don't think that thing ever ran more than one race or so before Nissan pulled the plug on its desert program, correct? Poor Scoop-he gave up his ride in the Nelson & Nelson Chevy for that thing and then they cancelled the program.

Todd Z.

P.S.-DougM-I didn't include this article in that pile I sent to you a long time ago. I have this one out in the shed if you want a copy of it too :).