No Acess to Ocotillo from the West?

cleartoy

Reaction
Ive heard on the radio that S2 has been closed down, so you cant get to 78 from there. Ive also heard that 78 is closed from Ramona east TO S2. So to get there youd have to go 8 East and loop around through Brawley?

What a joke. May have to cancel my plans for the weekend

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

cleartoy

Reaction
There is alot of dry grass, and alot of trees that could go up in flames FAST.

Lets hope they get it under control.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

martininsocal

Reaction
ok- don't get in a fit! the fire is burning approximately 800 acres an hour average. WE don't need a bunch of cars and trucks zipping out to the dez as fast as they can get there because the drive there doesn't excite you as much as jumping off shell reef. WE are working along the roads and moving from house to house in large fire trucks that will KILL you and your prerunner(simple math-32,000 pounds will destroy your toys!) and we really don't need to worry about civilian traffic while we are fighting fire...too much that can go wrong. WE have only lost 4 houses out of 300, including not one in a mobile home park. try that in the midwest! so live with the S-2 closure.

now to prove we can be helpful- take 76 east and head noth on 79 at henshaw. take the borrego springs route down past ranchita and then go south to ocotillo. it will be a nice drive and you will still get there in plenty of time to bring home pictures of the weekend carnage.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I actually went by there yesterday. I had to goto Yuma and I came home through Glamis and Ocotillo, when I came by there yesterday the fire was split into 2 fires. The 78 was closed upto Julian but the S-2 was still open THEN, we were driving on the s-2 and right on the left side of the road was the fire! There was a bunch of cars pulled over watching it, I wish I would have had my video camera with me, there was some pretty good size flames going.

Yea we will find a way around, like Martin said we can go that way, it might be 30MIN longer but I think it will be worth it if we have a big group.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
I dunno the roads but if you go through temecula to warner springs then take a left at the road sign marked borrego springs then another left at the " t " intersection which i believe is S2 it only take like 45 mins to an hour to get to ocatillo from temecula.

Maybe this will help i dunno,
Gregg