no bed blues

singlehanded

I am thinking about ditchin my bed and running glass and building my rear cage soon. Is there any problems I might run into police tickets ect. Anybody have a bad experience with a cop fix it ticket ect. thanks. I live in orange county fix-it ticket capitol of the world.

local

fishd00d

What A Joke
They might pull you over and tell you to get mudflaps and also make sure you hook up your license plate light....other than that there is nothing illegal.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

singlehanded

thanks I want to have the cage all done by oct 12 so losing the bed will save me a lot of time rather than fixing my bedsides which barely overlap and the glass and the metal broke completely out so remounting will be a pain.

local

orvacian

I have seen at least 5 cop cars drive behind me since I took off my bed and none of them have pulled me over so far.

gary

i recently ditched my bed, and was kinda wondering the same thing. i've been tailed by cops a few times too since i then, with no tickets yet (knock on wood). seems like it's just be a mud flap thing, but since fuel cells aren't smog legal, what kind of ticket could that possibly bring? anyone??

SpareChangeRacng

I think the major thing w/ no bed is the mud flaps, or something covering the wheels so that you don't toss debris off the road up at other cars. This is the main thing they will try to get you for. As far as fuel cells - based on my post earlier this week (CARB legal fuell cell), I don't think they are legal at all, but it seems if you have a stock fuel filler, and all the other smog stuff hooked up they won't bug you too much. Steve

IDRA_CRB

The CHP does not enforce any laws with regards to emissions and/or the related equipment.

This is not to say that you might never be confronted with an officer (from any police agency) that will decide to make an attempt.

The trick then is to get him on the witness stand and question him as to his training in this area.

He won't have any. ;>)

The deal with removing your pickup bed that fenders are required euipment.

27600. No person shall operate any motor vehicle having three or more wheels, any trailer, or semitrailer unless equipped with fenders, covers, or devices, including flaps or splash aprons, or unless the body of the vehicle or attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle and all such equipment or such body or attachments thereto shall be at least as wide as the tire tread. This section does not apply to those vehicles exempt from registration, trailers and semitrailers having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds, or any vehicles manufactured and first registered prior to January 1, 1971, having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds.

Reese King

fishd00d

What A Joke
IDRA: That is very interesting....I was pulled over by CHP on the 15 in Corona on the way to the last MDR race and he went over the truck from head to tail as in my pervious post.

He made me pop the hood and checked for the EGR Valve, Charcole Canister, Air intake. And then Catallitic Convertor.

He ended up giving me a ticker for no catallitic convertor.

I plan to fight this ticket and I called the county office up there yesterday and it has been 21 days since I got the ticket and they do not have it on file. Does it normally take more then 21 days to put it on file or did I get lucky and he didn't turn it in?

Thanks for the tip for if it goes to court about asking him on his training in that area.

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Jsut put the cat on there on then ask of his experience and when he says "none" then say "that must be why you did not recognize my cat that is on there"

Kris

singlehanded

Sbro is that a aluminum boxed in fender well or just mud flaps. what shops will do aluminum work to cover bed and how much can I expect to pay. That h and m f-150 had some cool alum. work also, the one that was for sale a few months back and in the off-road mag. Ryan Rose ranger has some cool alum. done to it also but not sure if the boxed around the tires.

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
The flaps are the way to go..they can be abused all day long in the dirt. We use them on the race truck along with several other racers. That truck in the picture looks like La Fortune's toyota. I would think aluminum would be a bad idea because it would be thin and not take rocks well...not to mention the extra cost of having somebody bend it up. If you know somebody with a handbrake you could bend up a set yourself fairly easy and test them, which would be cheaper.

Kris

fishd00d

What A Joke
27156(b) And he checked No to Correctable Violation on all of the fixit items!

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

cleartoy

FIsh,you better fight this one ALL the way. FIne for manufacturing a test pipe \ running it ect is like $2500 fine!!!!!

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??