FABRICATOR

Reaction
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that the release of the following
item has been cancelled:

Marty Fiolka "Baja : 1000 Miles to Glory"

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it will not be released after all. Please accept
our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only
pay for items when we ship them to you.

(If someone mentioned this already, sorry, I must have missed it.)

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Buy it directly from Marty Fiolka....
I'll ford this post to him

tkr

Reaction
If I remember right, he recently said it would be out sometime next year.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I had that book ordered on amazon like a year ago. I would still like to get it if some one could let me know who to contact.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

tkr

Reaction
this was posted 8/2/02

Greeting to Everyone at RaceDezert:

Thanks to Mike, Scott and tony for correctly providing everyone an update on 1000 miles to glory -- both the DVD/video and the book. I wanted to take a moment and update eveyone with the progress of the book.

As many of you know, in addition to running The Rennsport Group and running the BFGoodrich/toyota Motorsports Class 1 effort with Mike and Robbie Groff, I've been working on "Baja: 1000 miles to glory." The book was originally intended to come out late last year, but the publishing group and I had to regroup after the initial manuscript was submitted. In short, the text we prepared was just too long (over 130, 000 words!). We didn't feel that rushing the end product and not taking time to design a work that everyone would be proud of was not in keeping with the three years and thousands of hours I've spent on putting this together. The objective has always been to create the one definitive work on our great sport -- not just the Baja 1000. I can tell you the photography we've put together is unbelievable, and the text has some great stories and history of the race, the cars and the people.

For those of you who pre-ordered the book, please accept my apologies for the delay and raising incorrect expectations. As Scott indicated, the wait will be worth it. I can tell you that the book is due out in June of 2003, and it will be a 10" x 10" hardbound coffee table book with approximately 228 pages and will contain at least 250 photographs. I know the finished product will be top quality and will proudly represent our great sport.

Cheers,

Marty Fiolka
1000 miles to glory

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing