• Forum membership has its advantages....

No Bryce For The 1000 ?

Chris Tobin

I think he is still recovering from his injuries from the distance jump...

az_amsoil

So dumb on Red Bulls part, why put your athlete in danger before a premier race?!? Well Monster still has BJ, PAB & the Herbst racing

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

calstyl2

Red Bull will have a driver in the 1000, just not in Bryces truck, but I bet Bryce is in a helo chasing him.

green787

So dumb on Red Bulls part, why put your athlete in danger before a premier race?!? Well Monster still has BJ, PAB & the Herbst racing

Do you know how many dislikes I got for saying that stunt was stupid???

az_amsoil

Red Bull will have a driver in the 1000, just not in Bryces truck, but I bet Bryce is in a helo chasing him.
Well I just liked your post, so there is that

GoLeft

Maybe he can send in a video of himself competing on the same roads from prior races, combine the times from those segments, and submit it as a finishing time. Hey Roger, "the check is in the mail".

Just a thought

green787

Not enough?
When I raced my truck "air time" was the only time I had no control and was doing nothing.... I had to ask my wife to stop screaming WEEE... into the headset.....

az_amsoil

Maybe Bryce can claim he ran the entire course and pitched it to Rodger last year...then add the timed video.

All kidding aside, sucks he can't drive it and wishing for a full recovery

dan200

#BSF200
When I raced my truck "air time" was the only time I had no control and was doing nothing.... I had to ask my wife to stop screaming WEEE... into the headset.....
Well when Bryce got "air time" he set the world fuucking record. You pulled some shot that got you divorced. Respectfully, it's different.

Bryce will live his life as an all American world record setting champion and go Intothe off road hall of fame. You will just hold the title for RDCs most boring troll who posts pic of poloroids from a time when you were almost relevant.

Sorry you're sorry. Please, again, stfu...

Bryce has forgot more about being on podiums than you will ever know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green787

Well when Bryce got "air time" he set the world fuucking record. You pulled some shot that got you divorced. Respectfully, it's different.
You know that's borderline weird???

Bryce will live his life as an all American world record setting champion and go Intothe off road hall of fame. You will just hold the title for RDCs most boring troll who posts pic of poloroids from a time when you were almost relevant.
I don't criticize your lame pics......

Sorry you're sorry. Please, again, stfu...
Sorry, that will never happen....

Bryce has forgot more about being on podiums than you will ever know.
Some of us would rather see him racing in the desert, than flying trucks..... This thread isn't about me....

green787

Does anyone that used to race want to discuss how doing stunts may not be the best thing for your racing career???
I like watching/tracking Bryce as much as the next guy.....
IMO the record will be broken by someone else.... Maybe a rocket powered Trophy Truck over the Snake River.....???

green787

If I had never raced a day in my life, I think 11 years of being on RDC and following this sport like a groupie entitles me to have an opinion in the Desert Racing Section from time to time..... If you don't like what I say in Purple, then put me on ignore.....

sb4pro

The stunt itself was awesome it's the timing of it that sucked . Not only is Bryce missing the 1000 but he was supposed to be at Crandon for the new Red Bull Cup . I think it would've been even cooler if Red Bull had waited til New Year's Eve like all the other stunts they promoted .

dan200

#BSF200
I assure you, Bryce didn't mean to crash while trying to break the world record he just broke moments before.

He was doing something awesome. Something that has never been done. Then, right after, he was doing something awesome, again, that had never been done, he ate shiz trying to do it again.

In its essence he had accomplished his goal. But he raised his own bar and tried to best himself (and everyone in the world ever at all.). Kudos to him, his squad and everyone who put that effort together.

Am I sad that he won't be running the 1000? Of course I am. BUT, like clock work, there will be another 1000 next November. That being said, a situation where there will be a driver with support, talent, skills, sponsors and balls to Huck a pickup truck over a football field and actually put that together and man up and go for it is something we probably wait a long time to see attempted, much less pulled off.
But he did...

He's beat the best there is at torc, LUCAS, snore, score, and whatever that red bull frozen snow cone race is called. Then he got the high score in truck long jumping. How many number one plates has he had now? A lot.

Maybe, it's ok for him to sit out the 1000 and when he heals, go win a half dozen events here while he Preps his game for the next 1000. In the mean time he will back flip off houseboats and cruise around on a private jet and bang his hot girlfriend while remaining a nice,friendly,well spoken and polite professional racer.

He's not stupid he's just injured.

Edit-the dude is cool and gifted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sb4pro

Dan I totally see your point and yes I think Bryce is awesome , I just don't see why the jump couldn't have happened during the " off season " ( not that Bryce ever rests lol ) . Yes he could've just as easily got hurt driving at Crandon or anywhere else but at least it would've been a more reasonable time plus I bet it would've gotten more publicity on New Years . Like Pastrana doing his stunts or Rhys attempting that backflip .

harleys dad

That is what Red Bull stands for and is all about, pushing the limits above and beyond, even the formula 1 redbull team drivers do hairy things during the F1 season. Redbull wants chances taken and I am sure if they expect things above from there F1 team drivers the same can be said for this. Compair F1 drivers in the season to the truck racing, . Think of the F1 car on top of the tallest building in Dubai on the heli pad doing donuts with no safety barriers to keep it from going over the edge with the tires darn near on the edge during the season...with Red bull on the car, Bryce just broke a bone in a big flip, imagine if the f1 car went over the edge...DEATH. Both took balls, the one in Duhbi huge gigantic pair How about the redbull guy jumping out of the balloon in space. Respect to Bryce on both the jump and the Mikes run, no one was even close in RGs challenge, Bryce laid it down minutes faster. Mend well

CodyParkhouse

There is one other thing you all are forgetting. Before Vegas to Reno, Bryce said he was racing Vegas to Reno, doing the jump, then taking the rest of the season off to get his knee fixed. He just happened to crash and break his shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro