No CO2 in Los Angeles Area?

loufish

Reaction
I've been looking for someplace to re-fill my CO2 tanks here in the Los Angeles are and best I could find was to exchange tanks. All this because of Coutus 19 as prior no problem they would re-fill while I wait. Since I own 2 Power Tank cyls I'm not exchanging any thing...Best I've found was a couple of paint ball joints but they will not fill anything over 5 lbs (mine are 10lb, and 20lb) so as of now dry in the 20 and only about half in the 10.
Does anybody have a place they know will re-fill?....don't care if I have to leave them for a day or two...
Thanks

43mod

Reaction
The pot growers are all over this market. Dont know if that helps you or not. My local welding shop was blown away by the increase in sales of co2 over the lady few years.

PaulW

Reaction
Now you know why we switched over to the exchange 20lb tanks and got rid of the Powertanks.
Found this out a long time ago when the powertanks had to be hydroed which cause a big delay.
Exchange tanks are always current. Cost for exchange is the same as refill. The tanks are never pretty.
Powertank empty weight is the same as the eachange ones.
We got rid of the reg gauge package and switched to a 150psi fixed regulator at the same time. The power tank regs are crap and expensive to replace. Fixed reg is going strong after 5 years with no issues.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
The pot growers are all over this market. Dont know if that helps you or not. My local welding shop was blown away by the increase in sales of co2 over the lady few years.

Yup, it increases yield with indoor grows that do not get enough oxygen.

frozenh2o

Reaction
There's currently a national shortage of CO2, I sell dry ice and my company has been on a 50% ration for several months now.

loufish

Reaction
Now you know why we switched over to the exchange 20lb tanks and got rid of the Powertanks.
[/QUOTE]
Well been running a CO2 system for many years and always had multiple gas shops to use for re-filling but the Crowvid crap has really messed up all sorts of things..
I actually called PT but the person who answered sounded like he was 19yrs old and didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.
Hard to believe the Los Angeles area is the ONLY city in the entire country with this issue...

PaulW

Reaction
Solve your problem. Go buy a 20Lb tank from any gas supplier. Call to see which ones have them in stock. Then when refills are available go back to your Powertank. Hard to believe the beverage industry cannot get the 20 pounders they all use for their vending machines. No problem getting full 20Lb tanks here in Colorado.

Tube ride

Reaction
I refil my power tank at industrial welding supply in Las Vegas. I asked them what is the source for the supply of co2. He told me it is collected from the old school pumping oil wells in California.

loufish

Reaction
No problem getting full 20Lb tanks here in Colorado.
No problem getting tanks here either but on site re-fills are the issue.
But my 10lb mounted in my truck is half gone, and the other shop 20lb is dry. Not liking to buy two additional tanks...
If I was heading to say Baja in a couple of days then might be the only way.

Bricoop

Reaction
I've been looking for someplace to re-fill my CO2 tanks here in the Los Angeles are and best I could find was to exchange tanks. All this because of Coutus 19 as prior no problem they would re-fill while I wait. Since I own 2 Power Tank cyls I'm not exchanging any thing...Best I've found was a couple of paint ball joints but they will not fill anything over 5 lbs (mine are 10lb, and 20lb) so as of now dry in the 20 and only about half in the 10.
Does anybody have a place they know will re-fill?....don't care if I have to leave them for a day or two...
Thanks
Have you checked with homebrewing supply shops?