• Forum membership has its advantages....

No dougnuts on Mitchell St.

vegasloki

Typical arrogant response after he was fined...

Robby Gordon fined $4000 for Darwin burnout

After leaving the court Gordon offered his side of the story: “I asked [the security guards] ‘hey, think I can whip a couple of doughies?’, and they said ‘hey, I don’t care’,” he told the NT News.

“I spun two doughnuts and put it on the trailer.”

“I have to be honest, I’ve done stuff like this probably 200 or 300 times over my career, some cities promote it but unfortunately here in the Northern Territory they frown on it.”

BANNED4LIFE

typical rg INGENIOUS marketing plan......$4000 aus for that priceless coverage, PERFECT!....

GBRACER

I think Australia has thier head up their ass a show like that coming to a back ward place like that should be greatfull, and yes the advertising coverage is second to none "DO IT AGAIN "

JDDurfey

I think I read the comment you quoted 5 times and still fail to see the arrogance?

Also, I believe he is banned from racing there for 12 months.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I think he is banned from driving on the streets there for 12 months. The Judge said he wished he could ban him from racing, but he has no control over racing organizations.

bajafox

Accepted
I think he is banned from driving on the streets there for 12 months. The Judge said he wished he could ban him from racing, but he has no control over racing organizations.
Hopefully you are correct and I misread it, that actually makes more sense

dan200

#BSF200
Hopefully you are correct and I misread it, that actually makes more sense

I read that it was driving in public or on public roads, not on race tracks.

I also think its funny that the judge said:

“I wish it was within my capacity to take away your professional drivers license because I think you should be punished by the organisation which permits you to drive on a racetrack”.

License? LOL.

vegasloki

I think I read the comment you quoted 5 times and still fail to see the arrogance?

Also, I believe he is banned from racing there for 12 months.
He was in front of a bar on an open, public street during peak night bar time. He took an unlicensed, uninsured vehicle around around a public square and spun some donuts.

He breaks the law and then instead of accepting responsibility he pawns if off on security guard and is dismissive when he's punished for his behavior. He drove recklessly on public streets and was fined accordingly. He's lucky, Hamilton was arrested for something similar with the car impounded for a few days. It was his local driver's license that was suspended. He may not have it valid but to run Dakar you need an FIA license. Doubtful this would have any impact on his maintaining that unless someone made big stink and even then it would take a DUI or excessive speed violation.

Tell ya' what Jerry, next Sat night take your race TT down in front of the pier and spin some donuts in public. Tell us how HBPD respond. I'm sure they'll think it's good advertising...

Last edited:

Bricoop

This is all silly. Dave isn't a fan of RG and makes sure everyone knows how dumb RG is when RG f*s up.

He took his truck to a bar holding an event for for the race and did a couple donuts out front for fans (BTW, can't really see any fans in the video, we'll assume they were out of shot).

The judge gave him the most severe sentence he can for a first offender:
-He gets his Northern Territory license (like your state drivers license) suspended for a year.
-He pays a fine of about $3K US.
-His truck spends a couple nights in jail...maybe that means it misses the boat home? (which would be the worst consequence of all).

fordmonty

I'll give Robby his props. After the Indy car race at TMS the SST trucks ran their race. While the celebration in the winners circle was going on Robby climbed up on the safer barrier in front of the stands and starts talking, shaking hands, signing autographs for the fans. He stayed up there for almost 30 minutes. Not many would do that but he did. He payed more attention to the kids, who were excited. I got the chance to speak with him for a bit and he was a great guy.