No Mention?

Gabe Lara

Reaction
And how about Robby and Jimmy starting 1-2 yesterday?
There was a write up on Jimmy on NASCAR.com today as well.....

-Gabe

Jimmy8

Reaction
Robby would have been there right at the end. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Him crashing was not his fault at all. On another note, last week in the Arizona Republic it said that Robby and Kevin Harvik will be teaming up to run the 1000 this year. It also talked about the date of the Baja 1000 being changed as well to accomodate those 2 or something.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
• From the off-road racing rumor department:

1. Bad boys Kevin Harvick and Robby Gordon will form a tandem on a Trophy Truck team at this year's SCORE Baja 1000.

2. Traditionally held the second weekend in November, the Baja race date likely will shift to the Nov. 22-24 weekend to avoid a conflict with a NASCAR Winston Cup Series race at PIR and an NHRA event at Pomona, Calif.

3. Ensenada already has been announced as the starting point. It appears La Paz will be the stopping point.

This is from the Arizona Republic

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Kevin Havock??? W.T.F.???? This aint no Radio Controlled Truck...lol

So that must mean RCR will have a major play in backing this????

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Josh,

Any word on RG's TT being sold?
Now the two of them racing the 1000?!
Heck, I'd pay money to see that!

Oh, thats right, its Mex, and its free!

-Gabe

Donahoe

Reaction
I guess Robby took Richard for a Ride in the trophy truck hand he was blown away.. He is hooked. Childress himself might drive a little at the 1000. That would be good.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
I don't know how true any of this is. This is from the Arizona Republic Newspaper that Jimmy was talking about. If it is true that Robby and Kevin want to team up for the 1000, than Sal should delay the 1000 a week so that it will not interfere with Nascar or any other race series. The more exposure that Off road racing gets with big money players like Childress and other owners and drivers from Nascar or Indy series the better chance that this sport will grow.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Robby will be at PCI either today or tomorrow, so Maybe Scott can ask him these questions for everyone..

Did he sell the truck?
Is he racing anymore this year?
Did Childress get a ride?

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
My questions is: "Why should any promoter change the date of an event in order to satisfy one racer's calendar???" This is ridiculous. I hope this isn't true.

If the date change is because of some other factors, then it could be warranted. But to change a race date just for RG and Harvick is crazy. Now, if all the racers, chasers, spectators, sponsors, and anyone else this could affect agree, then will it be acceptable.

Personally, I hope the date stays the same for my schedule. I like RG as a racer, especially his dramatics in the off-road racing but give me a break!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
But if it will bring RCR into the off-road race scene then I say by all means change the date!!!! This could change everything for the good.

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Like I said, that is just ONE team. If there were going to be several big name NASCAR or other motorsport teams backing several new teams to off-road WITH A TV PACKAGE then MAYBE! What about the other racers who save their $ all year and request a specific time off for one grand poohba race and aren't able to change plans? Kinda sucks. But like I said, if everyone is kosher with it, it should be okay!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
All Score has stated about the Baja 1000 is that it will be held Nov 6-10. Sal has not stated whether or not it is a peninsula run, one big lap, or multiple laps. Sal hasn't said where it will start or stop. So I don't think anyone has any kind of plans set in stone that they would not be able to change if the dates are moved one week? Who with close to 7 months notice can’t get some days off work? If Sal feels that by delaying the Baja 1000 he will be able to help out the sport by the national coverage that two of Nascars’ bigger drivers from one of its biggest car owners will bring to the race, than go for it. I would not change just for one person if it didn’t benefit the sport. Odds are if the two do it this year it will get national coverage. Possibly bring in more famous drivers next year with more national coverage. This is a gamble I would be willing to take. Anything would be better than the coverage we have right now. I do not know about you but it has been a while since I have seen some good Off road racing footage on TV and the news.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Jimmy Vasser will run it along with the Groff brothers in the new yellow Jimco

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Baja Waldo, I say if it Brings one more TT to the races, go for it. It gives everybody one more week of prepping, prerunning and getting there crap together. Besides, who wouldn't want to watch RG coming flying down the road out of Borrego at 135MPH in the whoops. Sign me up!

Racers Only

desertracer

Reaction
I feel that this could be a great step for the sport if all these nationally know guys race the 1000. This will provide the non-off-roading public with a reason to become interested. Just think how big this sport could get if somebody like RCR became involved. Changing the date for one racer is a bit wierd bu if it will help the sport as a whole then go right ahead.

MDR #112

scott

Reaction
John, If you get a chance to ask, is Robby running a Chevrolet body on it instead of the Ford body ???

BSchlimme

Reaction
Josh,
At the SCORE awards last year Sal stated that the Baja 1000 would be a peninsula run.

At that point he stated that it would most likely go to Cabo but from what I have heard this is most likely going to change and return back to a finish in La Paz.

Also, I have heard that BFG has outlined plans to pit this race with the understanding that it is a peninsula run.

I'm positive Sal knows what the race will be. He puts in many months of work to get this race off the ground and I'm sure he is working on the details as we speak.

We're planning on it being this way and I believe a lot of other teams are as well.

On the topic of changing the race date.....

I'm all for it if it brings in the type of coverage that RCR could bring to the table. Our sport can use this type of exposure.

WIth 7 months notice I would hope everyone can work that schedule change into their plans. For all those that are negatively impacted by this proposed date change I am sure there are an equal number of participants that benefit.

Clifford

Reaction
I would presume that it would still be a Ford body. RG is under contract to drive for RCR, not Chevrolet. The switch was made from Toyota to Ford in 2000 because he was the driver/owner of his team in Nascar.