No more bikes/qwads at utvwc please

xr650r racer

Reaction
Please don't make this a bike and qwad points race next year. I think we were getting in the way all weekend. Parking where we shouldn't be just to get registered, not getting out of the hot pit fast enough, even going thru tech I felt like I was in the way pushing my bike thru hundreds of utvs, it seemed like we were too much of a hassle for an event that is 85% utv entry $. Casey Folks does a great job and I felt like such an ass trying to get loaded up and out of the hot pit fast enough and the top guy at bitd is driving by every 5 min pushing us out. It's gonna be hard coming back next year.

nickybobby333

Reaction
Yeah I agree, I feel like it was very unorganized in the morning and nothing but a rush to finish. It already sucks that it is a Grand Prix finish and if you have a little down time you won't be able to do all 10 laps. It's awesome having Casey always think about the Bike guys and including us in this event, but agree that it is a cluster. Maybe move the bikes to Sunday morning??

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
YIt already sucks that it is a Grand Prix finish and if you have a little down time you won't be able to do all 10 laps. It's awesome having Casey always think about the Bike guys and including us in this event, but agree that it is a cluster. Maybe move the bikes to Sunday morning??

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Just a little clarification, it wasn't a GP finish - It was a time-out finish :) As far as the nowhere to off load at tech, that will definitely be addressed by wherever tech is going to be next year. The Colorado Bell didn't allocate anywhere to put anyone to off load so it was a free for all :( You are all just as important - please don't feel that way. I know Casey is making changes next year in the hot pit area a few different ways. It's still a learning curve for us, too lol.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
PLEASE write a letter/email to BITD with suggestions how to make it more bike friendly.
If they don't hear about it what do we think will happen?

I was in southern Baja at the time so I didn't go to Laughlin but my wife took our 16 year old son (actually it was 2 Moms with 2 kids racing, pretty cool!) to race. She has already written a letter to BITD.

Now, Jen is NOT a newb to this having grown up at the races with her dad, raced the old school Laughlin single-track bike race, can school many tough guy dirt bikers on 2 wheels, and being 1 of the ladies on the team in the only ever SCORE Pro class champions to be won by only women on the team. The letter didn't come from a high maintenance mom who didn't want to get dusty.

They had booked 2 nights at the C.Belle but had to park like 1/2 mi away because the place was so packed, many of whom weren't staying there but were there for reg/tech only. The kids went out Friday to walk the infield start section (for safety) and were yelled at by an official to get off the course. The kids finished the race (winning 300+ Expert class) and wanted to stay to spectate but were shoo'd away by officials as soon as they finished to make more room for UTV people.
My son was super pumped looking forward to getting up on stage to accept their 1st place award but the overall vibe of the event bummed all 4 of them out and they just took off to home rather than staying.

Second class racers for sure.

I've been to more moto races than most people and have seen it all, I thought. I'm super bummed that such a young kid who's just getting into the love for the sport had to be shown how trival he and his accomplishment was.

IMO bring back the old school Laughlin Scrambles with single track, cactus, rocks, and more cactus.
If Casey did that the bikers would see he still cares about his roots and less about $ and Media guys.

JenMorton

Reaction
It was definitely a UTV race and we were clearly in the way. Casey Folks even came down pit row during the final 2 laps and told us to move out quickly to make more space for the car teams trying to get in.

Not wanting to be whistle dicks (or the mom version) we did what he asked, threw everything in the bed of the truck and jammed out.

Leaving pit row, I begged a UTV team to let me park in their spot for 5 minutes so I could get a picture of our 16 year old son at the finish. They were awesome and didn't mind sharing but again, I had to hurry and get out of their way too.

Our racers also reported a primarily graded, high speed course, meant for UTV's which wasn't what their bike was prepped for. Laughlin has always been the most fun round for the bikes with technical single track and lower speeds so that's what they were prepared for.

A class win ended our 24 hour experience on a high note for sure but sadly, we won't be back.

At least not on 2 wheels, maybe 4 next time?