No More Desert Racing in California

J Burleson

RDC Crypto
They could load all of southern ca with windmills and solar and it still wouldn't put a dent in the energy demands of the area. We could gather every off road vehicle ever built, and go drive around the desert for a year nonstop and we still would not have the same environmental impact as these "alt energy farms". And when we stopped the desert would return to normal. When these farms shutdown after their 5-10 yr life span their impact stays in the desert. This isn't even taking into consideration the enviro impact to make wind and solar. One wind generator, 800 lbs of rare earth minerals. Where do they think this stuff comes from, their local organic earth mineral farm? Are the mining vehicles running on sunshine and rainbows? And when they've finished their life span, then what happens? Oh yea, that's right, the companies who put them up on gov subsidized loans cut and run laughing all the way to their offshore bank. We live in a retarded society. "Going Green, don't worry about the reality, just feel good about yourself because the marketing plan you bought into said you should!"
Like when you see the celebrities at the march in NYC over the weekend shouting that we need to end our dependence on fossil fuels. How did they get to NYC? Did their airplane also run on sunshine and rainbows?
Everyone should watch a documentary called "pandora's promise" it's on Netflix
And for the record, I'm not a republican or a dem or.. I think they are all retards who bow to the highest bidder. There is ZERO common sense in the political arena

Advertising supports this site

snoreracer

RDC Crypto
Website
aol.com
It is not a mistake that glamis is not included , they don't want the fight with the sand crowd as they are more organized and prepared to fight. Desert promoters need to set up a legal defense fund that would go to fight this crap. Funding would be charged per entry.

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
It is not a mistake that glamis is not included , they don't want the fight with the sand crowd as they are more organized and prepared to fight. Desert promoters need to set up a legal defense fund that would go to fight this crap. Funding would be charged per entry.
I am all for tacking on 20-50$ per car per race to aid in this.

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
ARRRRGH!!!! When does it stop, seriously!!!!!!!! This will go through weather they go about it legally or not, you bet your ass! Those of you arguing about J.Z.s points issues better OPEN your eyes there are bigger problems in our court. No more desert racing, How about no more desert recreation period! For all of you who think this is not as serious as it seems take a look here & do some digging to see what lands they have already purchased and closed designated as a reserve.www.wildlandsconservancy.org/

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
I saw this article in the LA Times this morning and was wondering the same thing as there was no mention of the possible impact to the OHV area out there. Very troubling indeed.

Flat Iron I love your post, I too think the "green" movement while their hearts are in the right place, are very misguided about the long term affects of their green energy producers. Is it really environmentally friendly when you destroy the very environment you are trying to protect in order to build this "green" machines. What's the use in trying to protect it if you can't use it since its not even there any more? And what happens when technology advances to cold fusion (or people stop being pussies and we go back to nuclear) and all of these green energy machines are left to rot out in the desert?

So typical of the political leadership in this country to rush to a "solution" and not plan or think about the long term implications.

pjc

Chairman
RDC Crypto
Website
www.OutbackUSA.com
Travis, the "green cabal" is a business, first and foremost with all the typical motivating factors except that it is mostly parasitic.. A very small aspect is good for us all.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
I saw this article in the LA Times this morning and was wondering the same thing as there was no mention of the possible impact to the OHV area out there. Very troubling indeed.

Flat Iron I love your post, I too think the "green" movement while their hearts are in the right place, are very misguided about the long term affects of their green energy producers. Is it really environmentally friendly when you destroy the very environment you are trying to protect in order to build this "green" machines. What's the use in trying to protect it if you can't use it since its not even there any more? And what happens when technology advances to cold fusion (or people stop being pussies and we go back to nuclear) and all of these green energy machines are left to rot out in the desert?

So typical of the political leadership in this country to rush to a "solution" and not plan or think about the long term implications.
Tell me again, who did you vote for?

ACME

RDC Crypto
Enough whining now sack -up and send in your comments and get every friend, team member, family member, Driver, shop owner you buy crap from, neighbor, co-worker/employee and anyone else who rides, jeeps, races and tell them to do the same. Here's how:

http://www.drecp.org/about/contact.html#comments

So let's see/hear how many of the top TT/unlimited teams, drivers and the players/ballers on here that always post their shiat are stepping up??? Maybe Mad Media, Joey D, PAB, Jerry, Busby, BJ and some of the other self promoters can do a PSA...

Last edited:

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
Travis, the "green cabal" is a business, first and foremost with all the typical motivating factors except that it is mostly parasitic.. A very small aspect is good for us all.

See that is where you and a disagree - I don't think its parasitic by design I think they are just too stupid to think of the big picture and the long game just like every other politician and a majority of big business leadership. They think in small steps and immediate wins and profits. I can't give them enough credit to think they can orchestrate this grand conspiracy.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
Here was my email for those who care or need inspiration in what to say:

To Whom it May Concern,

I'm writing to express my concern regarding the proposed development of the remaining California desert into a Green Energy Zone. While I applaud and encourage your commitment to this cause I caution to point out that your proposal includes a dramatic closure of current OHV areas (possible entire closure of the area?). Aside from the right to enjoy the desert, this is a very large and job supportive industry which would be detrimentally effected by this. Further, who is responsible to clean up these green energy sources after they reach the end of their life span? Will this be another San Onofre disaster where the cost of clean up is passed on to the rate payers?

I'll leave with this, I'm an avid desert enthusiast who definitely is at odds with a majority of my fellow enthusiasts over environmental issues out there however the more wind mills I see put up out there the more I see the desert being lost forever. You can't enjoy and aren't allowed to enter the areas where the wind mills are – they are big, ugly and noisy. And the solar panels are even worse, they completely and permanently scar the areas they are put in and transform the once natural desert into what could amount to an urban commercial center. So, in our quest to go "green" I ask what is the point if at the end of the day we can't enjoy the remaining natural habitats we are trying to protect? If we completely transform the area into a green energy zone we'll be no better than those who chop down the rain forest to put in sustainable, earth friendly farms. Sure its "good" for the environment but at what cost?

Sincerely,

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
Tell me again, who did you vote for?

As I've told you before, you really don't know me. What pisses me off more than anything is those parading like they are doing good while in reality they just manipulate and brainwash the weak into believing they have their best interest at heart - as evident here. Personally, I find one party much better that than the other and why you see way more negative comments coming from me directed at one side. That doesn't mean I don't agree with some of their positions though.

SunsetCliffsMocos

RDC Crypto
Keep the momentum moving forward guys... Looking backward on this probably does more harm in alienating people and drawing lines in the sand than it does good.

dos pesos gratis

pgarfinkle

RDC Crypto
And remember this isn't about political party lines. This is about coming together as a group and getting a voice before we no longer have a chance to speak about these issues. Take the political drama and mud slinging to the purple section. Leave this as a positive thread to help us preserve the areas we all enjoy for our future use.