• Forum membership has its advantages....

No more Jr1 and Jr2 Karts at the Lucas National Series

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Stirring the pot and getting the discussion going! Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series has made the official decision to move the Jr1 and Jr2 Karts to the Regional Series. Good? Bad? Comments?

Allenbroracing

Bad move how you going to promote growth in the sport when you don't display it in front of the people that may want to get in it

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1447955829.523055.jpg
Going to suck not seeing these kids on the podium in the Big Show, but the powers to be at Lucas Oil seem to know what is best, it defiantly was a blow to my sons program next year, maybe time to go do some UTV racing.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Dirty*

Everyone enjoyed the J1/J2 program at the big show but most everyone knew it was coming. The regional program is on fire and will be a more affordable program for the Junior Karts. Here are some amazing facts

The Lucas Oil Regional So Cal Series had

35 Junior 1 Registered Racers
29 Junior 1 Registered Racers

In 2015!

- Volkspower Jeff- I enjoyed watching Luke race and im sure he is going to make it big!
I see major talent in that kid! Cheers Kj

450grl

Moving the UTVs to the Regionals was a great thing for all of the UTV classes.....the Regionals are rocking right now, and they have a great live video feed/coverage at every round.

Everyone enjoyed the J1/J2 program at the big show but most everyone knew it was coming. The regional program is on fire and will be a more affordable program for the Junior Karts. Here are some amazing facts

The Lucas Oil Regional So Cal Series had

35 Junior 1 Registered Racers
29 Junior 1 Registered Racers

In 2015!

- Volkspower Jeff- I enjoyed watching Luke race and im sure he is going to make it big!
I see major talent in that kid! Cheers Kj
Thanks Dirty, and trust me we luv the regionals, the reality is there is way more competition, but the problem is some of our sponsors only want to give $ for the big races, and we get it. Also, Luke sure likes bringing home some $ after a National win, where there is no pay back in the regionals. We all knew it was a matter of time, would just be nice if somebody would spend a little more on promoting some of these kids, it didn't seem to be an issue when Sheldon, RJ and all the other kids were racing not to long ago, now there is a kid that has 32 podiums in a row and there really isn't nothing, and for our program we need as much luv as possible or we may have to stop.
Either way I'm sure it will work out and we will still be racing for at least another year.

jlacyphotos

I agree with the growing ranks in the Regional Series. It seems like this year especially. I'm still relatively new as 2016 will be my 5th season, but I see a steady growth compared to when I first started shooting. It's really cool to see the kids evolve and progress. A question from "an outsider" though, isn't it more expensive to run the Pro Series events? Especially if you run CA and AZ and both Regionals and the Pro Series?

I agree with the growing ranks in the Regional Series. It seems like this year especially. I'm still relatively new as 2016 will be my 5th season, but I see a steady growth compared to when I first started shooting. It's really cool to see the kids evolve and progress. A question from "an outsider" though, isn't it more expensive to run the Pro Series events? Especially if you run CA and AZ and both Regionals and the Pro Series?
Entry fees are the same in pro series as Nationals, Major difference is there was payback at Nationals and only end of the year $ for regionals. Not to mention a bit more exposure at Nationals from companies that don't go to regionals.

Not trying to be that dad, like I said this was a blow to our program, and feel bad for the kids that love to race and loved being at the big races and standing next to the pro drivers in drivers meetings and such, nothing wrong at all with the regionals, except the hype just isn't there.

vegasloki

I don't see it sending the right message for kids that age to be at the big event. From the events I attended it seemed to me that most of it was driven by the parents or were the kids of the pro class doing it as a family event. I thought it slowed the pace of the event and took track time for the live spectators that I would have rather seen the big trucks run, if only in practice.

ASCC DAN

I think the JRs will be just fine at the Regionals. We raced in all of the series for 2015 in Mods.

Technically the biggest short course series currently is the SO-Cal Regionals.

If racing in the JR classes that'd be the Championship to Win... as all of the racers are basically the same in all 3 west coast series, nationals included.

My favorite series to race in was the AZ Regionals. I'm probably a little biased though. It just has the best overall feel.

Second would be the So-Cal Regionals, even though I think Glen Helen is lame. It still has a better feel than the Nationals.

Last was the Nationals... No care for the karts and they don't even try to hide it. When I'm spending my money, I at least want to feel good about it. The Nationals don't have that good feeling. just my .02

We even got to race the Utah Regionals.... Talk about laid back... I only wish it was closer and not in limbo.

CRANDON takes the cake. The absolute best racing experience ever!!!